Car rentals in Luzern: All you need to know
You want a great car to take you around Luzern whether you're traveling for a business or pleasure. Explore the famous sites around town and pull up in front of the best restaurants in Luzern. We've collected the most popular questions about car rentals in Luzern. Keep reading to see the dos and don'ts of car rentals.
How can I get a bargain rental car in Luzern?
CarRentals.com makes it easy to grab budget-friendly deals. Just type in your travel dates and go through the list of car rental suppliers, pick the top rental locations, and find the cheapest packages Luzern has to offer. You should also:
- Compare and contrast daily and weekly rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually get your car of your choice and save more
- Check the fuel and mileage policies. This way you'll avoid any surprises on your final bill
- Don't get more car than you need. Normally, the smaller the class the lower the rate
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save on your Luzern rental car.
What rental suppliers have agencies in Luzern?
In Luzern, there are 3 rental suppliers to decide from, like Dollar. Read through the online reviews to help you figure out which is best for your next trip.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Luzern?
That depends on how many people you are traveling with and what activities you want to do in Luzern. If you're having trouble choosing, make sure to read over our table below. We've compared the most popular categories for you:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Luzern?
Typically, to rent a car in Luzern you must be at least 21. Please note, there might be an added charge if you're under 25 or for higher category rentals in particular. Read over the terms to determine what the exact rate is before you book your vehicle.
Does Luzern require rental car insurance?
Insurance is always needed, no matter where you rent a car. Nevertheless, your current car insurance may cover you. Additionally, if you pay using your credit card, the card's policy may also insure you. Keep in mind, your policies might not totally cover your rental, and you'll need to add it to your booking for Luzern. Check in advance and, if it's required, you can easily include it at the CarRentals.com checkout.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Here is a list of the typical policies.
What fuel policy should I get?
At CarRentals.com, we encourage a full tank policy. You should get into your vehicle with a full tank, and you will want to return it topped off. To avoid any added expenses, fill up your tank before bringing the rental. Stations near airports or car rental places tend to have higher prices.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Luzern?
Unlimited mileage is a good option for travelers who don't want to worry about incurring any extra charges with the distance they drive. Just make sure that your policy really provides unlimited miles. Read the details on mileage limits before you book.
Before you leave the lot
Be sure you check out a few items prior to leaving the car rental lot on your Luzern adventure. You should take time to:
- Inspect your car and make certain there is no damage or scratches. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Check the trunk to see if the spare is inflated and the jack and lung wrench are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the entertainment and GPS (if available). You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Luzern rental car today
Know that you can count on a perfect set of wheels that will leave you with money to spare when you book with CarRentals.com. Book today to cash in on cheap deals on your impeccable Luzern rental car. See you on the road.