Car rentals in La Paz: All you need to know
A La Paz car rental allows you to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to explore all the sights, and even find out what the rest of Baja California Sur has to offer. We've gathered the most popular questions about renting a car in La Paz. Find out the dos and don'ts of renting a car.
Where can I get a great deal on a rental car in La Paz?
CarRentals.com makes it easy to book budget-friendly rates. Simply enter your travel dates and scroll through the list of rental suppliers, choose the top rental locations, and find the cheapest packages La Paz has to offer. You should also:
- Compare and contrast the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually get the vehicle of your choice and save more
- Educate yourself on any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. That way you will know the true cost before you rent
- Don't get more vehicle than you'll need. Generally, the smaller the car, the lower the rate
Even a little rental car know-how can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental suppliers have retailers in La Paz?
From global names like Hertz and Enterprise to budget-friendly brands like Thrifty and Budget, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Read through the online reviews to help you figure out which meets your needs.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to La Paz?
That all depends on your needs and what activities you want to do in La Paz. If you're having trouble deciding, make sure to go over our chart below. We have compared the most popular categories for you:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in La Paz?
Generally, the age limit for car rentals in La Paz is 21—the same as it is across most of the country. Additionally, many suppliers charge an added fee if you are under 25. Be sure to read the rental agreement to discover any additional charges will be before you reserve your rental.
Will I need insurance to get a car rental in La Paz?
When driving around La Paz or the rest of Mexico, you will need insurance. Many suppliers need proof of insurance before you pick up your vehicle. The majority of countries require the driver to have insurance. You may be able to purchase additional insurance through the rental car dealer, if you are concerned your insurance won't cover you while traveling through MEX.
Many major card issuers, like MasterCard or Visa, offer some coverage, however, there are usually restrictions. For instance, you may not be covered if you get a luxury or larger vehicle. Make sure to check the rental car company's policy before you decide.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Below is a list of the most common ones.
You will have to search for an open gas station near the drop-off location
What type of fuel policy should I choose?
Many suppliers offer a range of fuel policies. However, the stand-out winner is usually full-to-full. It simply means returning the car with the same level of gas as you got it with, so you'll never pay for anyone else's road trips through the La Paz.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in La Paz?
If you wish to see all that La Paz offers, you're going to want unlimited miles. You can drive as far as you'd like without worrying about additional charges. Review the fine print to be certain they are truly "unlimited."
Tips before you leave the lot
Before you begin on your La Paz vacation, go over a few items before you leave the car rental lot. It's worth the time to:
- Look over your car and be certain there is no dents or scratches. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Inspect the trunk to see if the spare is properly inflated and both the lug wrench and jack are there
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Get comfortable working the navigation and entertainment. It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are navigating a new region
Book your La Paz rental car today
Use CarRentals.com to get yourself the best wheels La Paz has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be going between the great restaurants, renowned landmarks, and all the marvelous sites in La Paz.