Car rentals in Jackson: All you need to know
A Jackson car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to check out all the sights, and even find out what else the rest of Mississippi has to offer. CarRentals.com has collected the most frequently asked questions about car rentals in Jackson. Find out the dos and don'ts of booking a rental car.
Where do I find a bargain rental car in Jackson?
CarRentals.com makes it a breeze to grab the cheapest rates. Simply enter your travel dates and scroll through the list of car rental companies, pick the top rental locations, and find the best packages Jackson has to offer. You should also:
- Compare and contrast the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Check the fuel and mileage policies. You don't want to be surprised with any additional costs
- Determine the car you'll need for your vacation. Don't rent more car than you need
Even a little knowledge can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental suppliers have agencies in Jackson?
From budget-friendly brands like Fox and Budget to global names like Hertz and Sixt, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Scan through the reviews to help you figure out which one is best for your next trip.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Jackson?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this Mississippi city means you're certain to find a vehicle that suits your needs. Some options include:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Jackson?
Generally, the age limit for renting a car in Jackson is 21—the same as it is across the rest of the United States of America. If you are under 25, you might also need to pay a surcharge. Be sure to read over the rental agreement to figure out what the exact price will be before you book your car.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in Jackson?
Insurance is always required, wherever you rent a vehicle. That said, your current car insurance may cover you. Additionally, if you pay for the rental in full using your credit card, the card's benefits may also insure you. Keep in mind, your policies may not cover you 100%, and you'll have to add it on to your booking. Check ahead of time and, if it's necessary, you can conveniently add it at the CarRentals.com checkout.
What is the difference between all the fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Here is a list of the typical policies.
What fuel policy do you recommend?
We usually recommend that you opt for the full-to-full policy. This policy is the most straightforward, and you simply top off the tank before you bring it back.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Jackson?
If you want to see all that Jackson and maybe even the rest of Mississippi offers, you're going to want unlimited miles. You won't have to worry about extra charges if you decide to drive all over Jackson. Read the fine print to make sure they are truly "unlimited."
Before you leave the lot
Before you begin on your Jackson adventure, check a few items prior to leaving the lot. You should take time to:
- Look over the vehicle and be certain there is no dents or scratches. If so, mark it down on the paperwork
- Inspect the trunk to determine if the spare is properly inflated and both the lug wrench and jack are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and wipers
- Figure out how to work the navigation and entertainment. You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Jackson rental car today
Use CarRentals.com to get the best wheels Jackson has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be cruising between the well-known restaurants, renowned landmarks, and all the marvelous sites in Jackson.