What are the major attractions in Isle of Lewis?
Keep yourself occupied (and that intrepid soul happy) by exploring the Callanish Stone Circle and Calanais Visitor Centre. If you still have stamina and space on that travel schedule, the Calanais Standing Stones is also calling your name.
What are the best road trip destinations near Isle of Lewis?
If you've got a little extra time and you don't mind traveling 2 miles, go and check out Bunaveneadar. This happening destination offers plenty of things to keep you entertained. Among your first few stops here ought to be Luskentyre Beach, Amhuinnsuidhe Castle and Clisham. Sitting 25 miles away, Tarbert is another popular destination. If you stop by, make sure you get to Traigh Losgaintir Beach, Harris Outdoor Adventure Centre and The Harris Tweed Company Grosebay.
How can I get a cheap car rental in Isle of Lewis?
Here are our recommendations on how to hit the road with some savings in your pocket:
- Look into as many different offers as possible (we make that chore a walk in the park!);
- Arrange an email Price Drop Alert for your forthcoming vacation destination. You never know what awesome bargains will whiz into your inbox;
- Research is the key to scoring the best rental deals in town, so be sure to check out both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you splash cash on your ride;
- If you've got a bit of wriggle room timing-wise, adjust your dates to find better prices on different days of the week;
- See if you can keep the time of your pickup and drop-off the same. If you bring back your rental car at a later time than you picked it up, you might be charged a whole extra day;
- Keep more dollars in your wallet. You'll get some of the thriftiest deals when you pay in advance for your rental car;
- Don't let the deal you've been looking for slip through your grasp. Book as soon as you can and secure your dream ride.