Car rentals in Harare: All you need to know
A Harare car rental allows you to go where you want, when you want. You can explore all the sights, and even find out what else the rest of the region has to offer. CarRentals.com has answered your most frequently asked questions about car rentals in Harare. Read on to discover the dos and don'ts of renting a car.
How can I find a bargain car rental in Harare?
CarRentals.com makes it easy to get the cheapest rates. Simply type in your travel dates and go through the variety of car rental suppliers, select the top rental locations, and find the most wallet-friendly packages Harare has to offer. You can also:
- Compare the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Be aware of any cost for mileage limits, fuel policy, and additional drivers. This way you can make sure you know the actual cost before you rent
- Don't get more vehicle than you'll need. Generally, the smaller the car, the cheaper the rate
These tips can help you save even more on your next car rental in Harare.
What rental companies have outlets in Harare?
From global names like National and Hertz to budget-friendly brands like Payless and Fox, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Read through the reviews to get an idea of which is best for you.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Harare?
That depends on your needs and what you'll be doing when you visit Harare. If you're having difficulty choosing, make sure to go over the table below. We have compared the most popular types of cars for you:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in Harare?
Generally, the age limit for car rentals in Harare is 21. But, there might be an additional fee if you're under the age of 25 or for larger or higher category vehicles in particular. Read through the supplier's terms to discover what any additional fees will be before you rent your car.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in Harare?
When driving in Harare or the rest of country, you will need insurance. Almost every supplier requires that you show proof of insurance before you pick up your vehicle. Most countries require the driver to have insurance. You may be able to purchase interim insurance with the rental supplier.
Although many of the major card issuers, like MasterCard or Discover, offer some coverage, there are usually restrictions. For example, you may not be covered if you book a larger or luxury vehicle. Make sure to check your rental car company's policy before you decide.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Below is a list of the most common ones.
You will have to search for an open gas station close to your car rental supplier
What fuel policy do you recommend?
Most suppliers provide you a full to full tank policy. We advise returning your car with a full tank of gas. For a cheaper rate, fill up your tank before returning the vehicle. Stations close to airports or car rental places tend to have higher prices.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
If you wish to explore all that Harare offers, you're going to want unlimited miles. You won't have to worry about extra charges if you decide to drive all over Harare. Review the fine print to be sure your mileage is truly "unlimited."
Know before you go
Before you begin on your Harare adventure, go over a few things prior to leaving the lot. It's important to:
- Walk around your vehicle and determine if there is any dents or scratches. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Get comfortable working the navigation and entertainment. It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are navigating a new region
Book your Harare rental car today
Use CarRentals.com to get the best wheels Harare has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be driving between the well-known restaurants, famous landmarks, and all the terrific sites in Harare.