Where is Zimbabwe?
There's no finer way to experience a new country than from the driver's seat of a rental car. You won't have any trouble hitting the road in Zimbabwe after getting to know a few of the basics. Just one of the countries located in Africa, Zimbabwe has lots to offer every type of traveler. No trip here would be complete without stopping off at the nation's capital, Harare.
What are the major attractions in Zimbabwe?
No road trip around Zimbabwe is complete without a few exciting detours along the way. When it comes to cool attractions, we can steer you in the right direction. Follow the road signs until you arrive at National Sports Stadium. This impressive attraction is 5 miles from the middle of Harare and is well worth hopping out of the car for.
What are the best road trip destinations in Zimbabwe?
Adventure is waiting for you around every twist and turn of this spectacular area. Zimbabwe is one of those places where the journey is just as thrilling as each of its impressive destinations. With your own rental car, you can spend as little or as long as you like discovering every square inch of it. Get out and discover some (or all) of this place's most well-known cities:
- Harare (population of 1,542,800)
- Bulawayo (population of 699,400)
- Mutare (population of 184,200)
- Gweru (population of 146,100)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Zimbabwe?
Here's a rundown of all the tricks of the trade to help you keep more money in your pocket:
- Our clever filter feature will soon be your new best buddy. Check out the hottest bargains from all over the web as quick as a flash;
- By submitting your email address into our Price Drop Alert, you'll stay on top of all the best bargains for your desired location;
- Check the deals at all rental locations around town, including the airport terminal and its vicinity. A short cab journey to a close-by rental car office might score you some significant savings;
- If you don't mind which day of the week you collect the keys to your car and your plans are flexible, experiment with days and dates to find the hottest deal;
- Do what you can to keep the time of your pickup and drop-off the same. If you return your rental car at a later time than you picked it up, you may be charged an extra day unnecessarily;
- Keep more hard-earned dollars in your pocket. You'll get some of the best deals when you prepay your rental;
- The early bird catches the biggest worm, and also the best deals! Book as soon as possible to secure some impressive savings.
What is the most popular rental car category in Zimbabwe?
Who needs extra bells and whistles? Economy cars are the most popular rental car category for visitors to Zimbabwe, and for many good reasons. You'll enjoy great fuel economy as you navigate your way through the streets of Harare and Bulawayo in this small car. They're nimble, a cinch to park, and easy on the hip pocket.
Obviously, you can't leave Zimbabwe without seeing a few of its natural wonders. Go for a road trip around rivers and savannahs from the comfort of something bigger, like a mid-size SUV. Pack up the gang and whatever else you want to take — these models offer enough space for your luggage without compromising on legroom.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Zimbabwe?
First of all, there's a huge range of luxury rental vehicles in Zimbabwe. What you go for is largely dependent on how much you're willing to spend and what you're hoping to do. Specialty and prestige vehicles are hard to beat if you're all about mod cons and comfort. If you're splashing out, why not pick an SUV with all the bells and whistles, or perhaps a stylish mid-size sedan? Alternatively, if you just need a set of wheels to get you from A to B as cheaply as possible, stick with a budget compact vehicle (or something else that won't burn a hole in your pocket).