What are the major attractions in Ghent?
Adventure is waiting just around the corner at St. Nicholas' Church. It's one sight you'll find on travelers' must-do lists. The Ghent University and Gravensteen Castle are also not far away and worth taking the time to see.
What are the best road trip destinations near Ghent?
Make sure you have plenty of gas in the tank, because Vivenkapelle is worth a detour. Located 20 miles from Ghent, it boasts some wonderful attractions, such as Church of Our Lady and the Groeningemuseum. Asse, 25 miles away, is another road-trip destination that's worth the journey. Be sure to check out the Atomium and Mini-Europe, two top-notch attractions in the area.
How can I get a cheap car rental in Ghent?
Here's a rundown of our top tips and tricks to help you save:
- Our handy filter feature is about to become your new best friend. Scan the biggest deals, from all of the top rental car companies, quick as lightning;
- By entering only your email address (and not your social security number, life history and cat's middle name) into our Price Drop Alert, you'll be informed of all the hottest offers for your destination;
- Weigh up the bargains at all rental locations around town, being sure to include both the airport and its vicinity. A brief cab trip to a nearby car rental office might reward you with some significant savings;
- If you're not bothered about which day of the week you pick up the keys to your car and you've got some flexibility with your travel plans, have a play around to see which days and dates will give you the best deal;
- Pickup and drop-off times usually need to be around the same time (e.g, both 9 a.m.) or you may be required to pay for another full day;
- If you'd love to save a pretty penny, pay in advance and zoom off with some of the best rates around;
- Last but not least, secure your favorite vehicle as soon as you possibly can to grab a load of savings!