What are the major attractions in Düsseldorf?
If your trip to Düsseldorf is all locked in but your travel itinerary is looking a bit empty, we can give you a helping hand.
You'll need to get up early if you want to check out all the great sights this place has to offer. Duesseldorf City Hall and Rhine Tower are no-brainers. Museum Kunstpalast and Benrath Palace shouldn't be missed either.
Not far from the city center, K21 Staendehaus is one attraction to consider putting on your to-do list. Forum Freies Theater and Stilwerk Duesseldorf are also close by and worth a detour.
What are the best road trip destinations near Düsseldorf?
There's no need to limit your adventuring to just Düsseldorf. Cologne is only 22 miles away and features a nice range of close-by attractions, such as Cologne Cathedral. Need another good reason to head there? Romano-Germanic Museum is also within easy reach.
Where are the best beaches near Düsseldorf?
There's nothing quite as delightful as being by the seaside at twilight. Take a leisurely road trip to Seaside Beach Baldeney and see the sun's rays dancing on the water before it retreats into the horizon. You'll find this magnificent stretch of coastline 16 miles from Düsseldorf.
Where are the best convention centers near Düsseldorf?
Booking a rental car is a great option for professionals who frequently travel. If your visit to Düsseldorf is predominately for business-related reasons, you should know where the best convention and business centers are located. These are some of the top ones:
- Schmela Haus (0.6 miles away).
- Congress Centre Duesseldorf (3 miles away).
- Messe Duesseldorf (3 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Düsseldorf?
Avoid spending a fortune on a rental car by following our top tips and tricks:
- A car can take you anyplace — so can the web. Compare the cheapest deals from the top companies in town in just a few clicks;
- Set up an email Price Drop Alert for your upcoming vacation destination. You never know what fantastic deals will make a detour to your inbox;
- Scan the bargains at all rental locations around town, being sure to include both the airport and its surrounds. A short cab journey to a close-by car rental outlet might mean some generous savings;
- You can often save a bundle if your vacation plans are flexible. Compare different days and dates and find out what savings can be made;
- Pickup and drop-off times typically need to be the same (e.g, both 9 a.m.) or you may be asked to pay for an entire extra day;
- Some places reward you for paying upfront — keep an eye open for these deals;
- The early bird catches the juiciest worm, along with the hottest deals! Book now to score some great savings.
What kind of rental car should I get for Düsseldorf?
Sure, it's possible to go and explore Düsseldorf without a car. But with so much to see and do, having one will definitely make your trip all the more exciting. If you can't wait to head out into the great outdoors, choose something with a little extra power. A full-size car or an SUV could be just the ticket. A smaller car, like a mini or a compact, is a top choice for those embarking on shorter trips.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Düsseldorf?
You're spoiled for choice when it comes to rental cars in Düsseldorf. From people-movers with plenty of room to spare to zippy little compacts that make parking a breeze, you'll find it all here. Deciding on your perfect match depends on how much you want to spend and where you plan to go. Some road trips are just begging you to splurge on your dream ride, whereas others require no more than a bargain, no-frills type model. Which car will you be sliding behind the wheel of this trip?