What are the major attractions in Durban?
If your trip to Durban is all sorted out but your travel itinerary is a bit on the empty side, we can give you a helping hand.
If your family and friends ask why you're coming here, just show them some images of Sahara Stadium Kingsmead and uShaka Marine World. These notable attractions will guarantee you have a memorable trip.
Close to the center, Farewell Square is one attraction to consider adding to your must-see list. If you still have room on that schedule, Durban Art Gallery and Durban City Hall will keep you on the go, too.
What are the best road trip destinations near Durban?
You'll want to explore nearby Pietermaritzburg. What's 43 miles when you've got your very own ride? The journey there is half the fun! Among your first stops here should be Tatham Art Gallery, Pietermaritzburg City Hall and Queen Elizabeth Park. Locals will also likely point you toward Howick, 56 miles away. If you only have time for one thing here, make sure it's Karkloof Farmer's Market. (But we'd also recommend Howick Golf Club and Howick Museum.)
Where are the best beaches near Durban?
There's nothing quite as nice as rolling down the car window and feeling the cool salty sea air on your skin while you're cruising along the seaside. Pack some snacks and spend an afternoon relaxing at one of the lovely beaches near Durban. Well-loved options include:
- Umhlanga Rocks Beach (8 miles away).
- Umhlanga Main Beach (11 miles away).
- Umdloti Beach (16 miles away).
Where are the best convention centers near Durban?
Networking and socializing with lots of new people can be draining. So if you're visiting Durban on a business trip, you'll be pleased to hear that there are some fantastic places to relax and unwind near these convention centers:
- Durban Exhibition Centre (0.4 miles away).
- Durban International Convention Centre (0.4 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Durban?
Here are our suggestions on how to jump behind the wheel of a rental car with some extra cash in your pocket:
- Use our handy filter feature to steer you toward the hottest car rental deals in town — then compare the prices;
- Register for our Price Drop Alert email service and be informed immediately when prices fall for your location;
- Before you pick up your car keys and hop behind the wheel, check both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets to ensure you're scoring the best deal in town;
- If your vacation dates are not yet confirmed, try scoring a better price by switching up the days in your search;
- Nobody likes being hit with a late fee. Avoid paying for an extra day by ensuring your pickup and drop-off times are around the same time;
- Some companies reward you big time for paying upfront — keep an eye open for these offers;
- Don't let the deal you want slip through your fingers. Book as soon as you can and secure your ideal set of wheels.
What kind of rental car should I get for Durban?
Some people find dodging traffic in big cities a bit daunting. In a small vehicle like a compact or economy, those bustling Durban streets will be a snap. Rather spend your time discovering the surrounding tablelands? Browse our wide range of full-size and mid-size SUVs. With plenty of cargo space and more oomph under the hood, these bigger vehicles will make those long, scenic drives even more unforgettable. Crossing off all the attractions and activities that Durban is known for has never been easier with your own wheels.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Durban?
You're spoiled for choice when it comes to renting a car in Durban. From people-movers with plenty of room to spare to agile compacts, you'll find it all here. Selecting your perfect match depends on how much you want to spend and where you plan to go. There are some road trips that are just begging you to splurge on your dream ride, whereas other adventures don't need more than enough space for your luggage and buddies. Which car will you be sliding behind the wheel of this time?