Car rentals in Durango: All you need to know
You need a great car to take you around Durango whether you're going for a business or pleasure. See the top sites around the city and pull up in front of the best restaurants in Durango. We've answered the most frequently asked questions about car rentals in Durango. Find out how to get the best rates on your ideal vehicle.
Where can I find a bargain car rental in Durango?
CarRentals.com makes it a breeze to book the cheapest deals. Just enter your travel dates and go down the variety of rental car companies, pick the top rental locations, and find the most wallet-friendly packages Durango has to offer. You should also:
- Compare and contrast all the deals available
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Check the mileage and fuel policies. This way you'll avoid any surprises on your final bill
- Don't rent more vehicle than you need. Usually, the smaller the class the cheaper the rate
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save big on your Durango rental car.
What rental suppliers have outlets in Durango?
From global names like National and Enterprise to budget-friendly brands like Fox and Budget, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Read through the reviews to get an idea of which is best for you.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Durango?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this Durango town means you're bound to find an automobile that is perfect for you. Some options include:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Durango?
Typically, the age limit for car rentals in Durango is 21—the same as it is across most of the country. Additionally, many suppliers charge an extra fee if you are under 25. Be sure to review the rental agreement to figure out what the exact fee will be before you reserve your rental.
Will I need insurance to get a car rental in Durango?
Insurance is always required, no matter where you rent a car. With that said, you might already be insured by your credit card or car policies. Keep in mind, those policies may not provide total coverage, and you'll have to add it to your booking for Durango. Look into it before you book and, if it's required, you can just add it at checkout.
What are the different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Below is a list of the most common ones.
What type of fuel policy should I choose?
Many suppliers offer a range of fuel policies. However, the stand-out choice is usually full-to-full. You simply bring the car back with the same amount of fuel you got it with. Just be sure you make time to shop for the cheapest gas prices.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Durango?
If you plan to see all that Durango offers, you are going to need unlimited miles. You won't have to worry about extra charges if you decide to drive all over Durango. Review the fine print to make sure they are actually "unlimited."
Before you drive off
Make sure you go over a few things before you leave the lot on your Durango adventure. You should:
- Check out the car and make certain there is no damage or scrapes. If you notice any, write it down on your paperwork
- Inspect the trunk to determine if the spare is properly inflated and both the lug wrench and jack are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the navigation and entertainment. It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are navigating a new city
Book your Durango car rental today
Maybe you're traveling with your partner and kids, or carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center. Maybe you're traveling solo. CarRentals.com has the ideal rental car that can fit your needs and not break the bank.