What are the major attractions in Dubrovnik?
If your trip to Dubrovnik is all sorted out but your itinerary is a little on the empty side, we can give you a few hints and tips.
You'll have to roll out of bed early if you're planning to check out all the interesting attractions that this place has to offer. Onofrio's Fountain and Franciscan Monastery are non-negotiable. Orlando's Column and Church of St. Blaise shouldn't be missed either.
Stop by Gruz Open Market. It's one sight you'll usually find on travelers' to-do lists. If you still have some space on your itinerary, Gruz Harbor and Dubrovnik Ferry Port will keep you occupied, as well.
What are the best road trip destinations near Dubrovnik?
If you're on the hunt for some day-trip inspiration, Pomena, 40 miles away, is a great place to start. There's loads to keep you entertained in the area, such as Mljet National Park. Another wonderful stop is Korcula, around 56 miles from Dubrovnik. If you drive out this way, you'll have easy access to Cathedral of Saint Mark.
Where are the best beaches near Dubrovnik?
Nothing says vacation like jumping in the car and cruising to the seaside. Dubrovnik has some lovely beaches close by, so grab a book (and a kite if the wind's up) and set off to one of these idyllic options:
- St James Beach (2 miles away).
- Stikovica Beach (3 miles away).
- Gornje Celo Beach (4 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Dubrovnik?
Here are our top tips on how to hit the road with extra cash in your wallet:
- Browse as many different deals as you can (we make that job a breeze!);
- Organize an email Price Drop Alert for your upcoming vacation destination. You never know what terrific deals will make a detour to your inbox;
- Search both airport and non-airport office locations to make sure you're scoring the best possible deal in town;
- You can often save a pretty penny if your travel plans are flexible. Look into different days and dates and see what savings can be made;
- So you don't end up paying a late fee or an extra day, aim to keep your pickup and drop-off times as similar as possible;
- If you're in the mood to keep some extra cash in your pocket, pay right away and enjoy some of the thriftiest rates around;
- And lastly, lock in your booking as soon as you possibly can to grab yourself a mountain of savings!
What kind of rental car should I get for Dubrovnik?
Rent a car and explore Dubrovnik your way. Want to soak up some nearby natural areas? Choose an SUV. This vehicle is perfect for those craving outdoor adventure. Just want to get easily from A to B and traveling lightly? If you're not planning on driving for long distances, a compact or a mini is a great option.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Dubrovnik?
For some people, owning a luxury vehicle may be a little out of reach. But renting your dream ride is certainly within your grasp! Imagine the thrill of cruising into town in a fancy sports car, even if it's only for a little while. Or maybe all you want is a cheap ride to bring you safely from A to B. Extravagant or economical? Whatever you decide, there's a rental car to suit you in Dubrovnik.