Car rentals in Des Moines: All you need to know
A Des Moines car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You can explore all the sights, and even see what the rest of Iowa has to offer. CarRentals.com has collected your most popular questions about renting a car in Des Moines. Keep reading to discover how to get the best rates on your ideal vehicle.
How do I find a bargain car rental in Des Moines?
CarRentals.com makes it easy to grab budget-friendly rates. Simply type in your travel dates and go through the list of rental companies, choose the top rental locations, and find the most wallet-friendly offers in Des Moines. You should also:
- Compare and contrast all the deals available
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Be aware of any cost for mileage limits, fuel policy, and additional drivers. That way you will know the actual cost before you book
- Don't get more vehicle than you'll need. Normally, the smaller the class the cheaper the rate
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save on your Des Moines rental car.
What rental companies have agencies in Des Moines?
In Des Moines, we have a few rental car suppliers to decide from, like Enterprise. Read through the reviews to help you figure out which is best for you.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Des Moines?
That all depends on your needs and what activities you want to do in Des Moines. If you're having trouble choosing, be sure to read over our chart below. We have compared the most popular types of vehicles for you:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Des Moines?
Typically, the age limit for car rentals in Des Moines is 21. But, you may find that there is an additional fee if you're under the age of 25 or for higher category rentals. Read over the supplier's terms to determine what the exact charge is before you book your rental.
Do I need insurance to rent a car in Des Moines?
Insurance is mandatory, no matter where you rent a vehicle. That said, your current car insurance may cover you. Additionally, if you pay for the rental in full using your credit card, the card's policy may also insure you. Keep in mind, your policies may not provide 100% coverage, and you'll need to add it to your booking for Des Moines. Check in advance and, if it's needed, you can conveniently add it at the CarRentals.com checkout.
What is the difference between all the fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Below is a list of the most common ones.
What fuel policy do you recommend?
At CarRentals.com, we suggest a full tank policy. You should get into your vehicle with the needle at "F". If you return the rental with less than the amount you received it with, most companies will charge a premium, and sometimes up to 3X the amount of current fuel prices to refill it. If you want to save some money, fill up your tank before bringing the rental car. Stations close to airports or car rental places tend to have higher prices.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Des Moines?
Unlimited miles is a great choice if you decide to do a bit of sightseeing or visit a lot of business associates all over Des Moines. You can cruise as much as you like and not incur extra charges. Go over your policy to find out if there are mileage restrictions.
Before you leave the lot
Before you begin on your Des Moines adventure, check out a few items before you leave the lot. It's important to:
- Inspect your vehicle and determine if there is any damage or scrapes. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the entertainment and GPS (if available). It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are navigating a new city
Book your Des Moines rental car today
Use CarRentals.com to get yourself the best wheels Des Moines has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be cruising between the well-known restaurants, world-famous landmarks, and all the must-see sites in Des Moines.