What are the major attractions in Derby?
If your trip to Derby is all organized but your travel itinerary is looking a little empty, we can give you a few hints and tips.
Stop by Derby Museum and Art Gallery. It's one attraction you'll find on most travelers' must-do lists. If you still have room on your itinerary, Derby Cathedral and Derby Museum of Industry & History will keep you busy, too.
What are the best road trip destinations near Derby?
We know you can't wait to take your new ride for a spin. How about heading out on a day trip to Buxton? Just 28 miles away, roll down your windows and let the wind rustle your hair on the way there. Cavendish Golf Club should be at the top of your to-do list here. Goyt Valley and Peak Practice Golf Driving Range are also not to be missed. Locals will also likely point you in the direction of Chesterfield, 22 miles away. If you only see one thing here, let it be The Herb Garden. (But we're also huge fans of Barrow Hill Roundhouse Railway Centre and Bolsover Castle.)
Where are the best convention centers near Derby?
Mingling and networking with lots of different people can be tiring. So if you're in Derby on a business trip, you'll be thrilled to hear that there are some excellent places to kick back and relax near these convention centers:
- Mecca Bingo Beeston (11 miles away).
- Prestwold Hall (16 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Derby?
We've pulled together a list of all the tricks of the trade to help you save more money:
- Use our handy filter tool to help point you in the direction of the cheapest car rental rates in town — then compare the prices;
- Arrange an email Price Drop Alert for your next exciting vacation destination. You never know what awesome bargains will make a pit stop in your inbox;
- Before you pick up your car keys and jump behind the wheel, take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off locations to ensure you're getting your hands on the best deal in town;
- If you don't mind which day of the week you get the keys to your car and your travel plans are flexible, experiment with days and dates to find the hottest deal;
- No one enjoys getting stung with a late fee. Avoid the trouble of having to pay for another full day by making sure your pickup and drop-off times are around the same time;
- Keep more hard-earned dollars in your bank account. You'll get some of the best deals when you pay in advance for your rental vehicle;
- Last of all, lock in your wheels as soon as you possibly can to grab yourself a truckload of savings!
What kind of rental car should I get for Derby?
Having your own wheels in Derby will give you more flexibility to squeeze in as many attractions as you can. Maybe you're eager to skip town, cruise down the open road, and go where the wind blows. If that's the case, drive off in one of our full-size or mid-size SUVs and explore the beautiful forests in the surrounding area. If you'd prefer to experience city life, opt for something small. Navigating busy streets and traffic will be a lot less stressful with a mini or compact car.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Derby?
Sometimes the journey is more significant than the destination, which makes your car choice important. If you're planning an epic road trip around Derby, a roomy SUV could be the ideal solution. If you're looking for the cheapest possible price and plan on sticking mostly to the city, an economy car is hard to beat. All you need to do is decide what will suit you best, throw your bags in the back seat, and start clocking up those miles.