What are the major attractions in Christchurch?
Not far from the city center, Highcliffe Castle is one attraction to consider adding to your to-do list. Christchurch Priory and Christchurch Castle are also a stone's throw away and worth taking the time to see.
What are the best road trip destinations near Christchurch?
There's no reason to spend all your time in Christchurch, especially when famous sights are just a day trip away. Bath is 5 miles away and the home of the Roman Baths. It's worth making a day trip out of.
Where are the best beaches near Christchurch?
There's nothing like winding down the car window and feeling the cool salty sea air on your skin while you're cruising along the seaside. Pack a picnic and spend a day having fun in the sun at one of the magnificent beaches near Christchurch. Well-loved options include:
- Avon Beach (2 miles away).
- Bournemouth Beach (6 miles away).
- Alum Chine Beach (7 miles away).
Where are the best convention centers near Christchurch?
If you're attending a work conference in Christchurch, you might want to follow up with your new connections over some food and coffee. Luckily, these convention centers offer some excellent cafés and restaurants close by:
- Bournemouth International Centre (6 miles away).
- Southampton Guildhall (19 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Christchurch?
We've compiled our top tips and tricks to help you save on a car rental:
- Compare as many different bargain car rental deals as you can (we make that chore a breeze!);
- Make sure you check your inbox for our terrific Price Drop Alert. We'll let you know all about all the unbeatable bargains cruising around your next vacation destination;
- Before you pick up your keys and get behind the wheel, check out both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off office locations to make sure you're getting the hottest deal in town;
- If your vacation is somewhat flexible, adjust your dates slightly to find cheaper prices on different days of the week;
- No one likes being charged a late fee. Avoid having to pay for an extra day by ensuring your pickup and drop-off times are at similar times;
- Keep more cash in your wallet. You'll get some of the thriftiest deals when you prepay your rental car;
- It's best to make a reservation as soon as your vacation dates are confirmed. The earlier you book, the bigger the choice.