What are the major attractions in Christchurch?
If your trip to Christchurch is all sorted out but your travel itinerary is looking a bit empty, we can give you a helping hand.
Not far from the heart of the city, Regent Centre is one attraction to consider adding to your to-do list. If you still have space on your itinerary, Christchurch Castle and Hayloft Gallery will keep you amused, too.
What are the best road trip destinations near Christchurch?
If you're after a day-trip destination, we've got some ideas. Sitting 31 miles away, Weymouth is worth getting in the car for. See the best sights starting with Pirate Adventure Mini Golf, Weymouth Bay and Weymouth Pavilion. Locals are also likely to point you toward Salisbury, 22 miles away. If you only have time for one thing here, let it be Arundells. (But we're also big fans of Boscombe Down Aviation Collection and Salisbury Racecourse.)
Where are the best beaches near Christchurch?
Christchurch is home to some stunning stretches of coastline, and what better way to explore them than from behind the wheel of your own rental car. See what fascinating shells and treasures you can find dotted on the shore at one of these awesome beaches:
- Avon Beach (2 miles away).
- Bournemouth Beach (6 miles away).
- Alum Chine Beach (7 miles away).
Where are the best convention centers near Christchurch?
Networking and socializing with new people can be draining. So if you're in Christchurch for a work trip, you'll be thrilled to hear that there are some fantastic places to rest and relax near these popular convention centers:
- Bournemouth International Centre (6 miles away).
- Southampton Guildhall (19 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Christchurch?
Avoid paying a fortune for a rental car by following these top tips:
- Check out as many different bargain deals as you can (we make that chore a breeze!);
- Take advantage of our Price Drop Alert and immediately discover when prices fall for your desired location;
- Before you pick up your car keys and hop behind the wheel, take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off locations to make sure you're getting the best deal around;
- You can often save a pretty penny if your plans are flexible. Play with different days and dates and see what savings you can score;
- See if you can keep the time of your pickup and drop-off as similar as possible. If you bring back your car later than you picked it up, you might be charged a whole extra day;
- If you'd love to save a pretty penny, pay as soon as you book and enjoy some of the thriftiest rates around;
- The early bird catches the worm, along with the hottest deals! Book as soon as possible to grab some great savings.
What kind of rental car should I get for Christchurch?
Having your own wheels in Christchurch will give you more flexibility to go wherever you like. Maybe you want to leave the big city behind, explore country lanes, and see where the wind takes you. If that's the case, book one of our full-size or mid-size SUVs and take in the coastal plains in the area. If you're all about the bright lights of the city, take to the wheel of something small. Zooming around bustling streets and heavy traffic will be much less stressful in an economy or compact car.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Christchurch?
You'll be happy to hear that there's a broad range of luxurious rental vehicles in Christchurch. What you go for will depend on your budget and what you plan to do. Specialty vehicles offer unparalleled mod cons and comfort. If you want to treat yourself, why not book a fully kitted-out SUV, or perhaps a stylish medium-sized vehicle? On the other hand, if you just need a set of wheels to get from A to B as economically as possible, we can help you out with an economy vehicle (or something else that's unlikely to break the bank).