Car rentals in Chartres: All you need to know
A Chartres car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to explore all the sights, and even find out what else the rest of the region has to offer. CarRentals.com has answered your most popular questions about car rentals in Chartres. Find out the dos and don'ts of renting a car.
Where do I get a bargain car rental in Chartres?
CarRentals.com makes it a breeze to snag budget-friendly rates. Simply enter your travel dates and scroll through the variety of car rental suppliers, pick the top rental locations, and find the most wallet-friendly packages Chartres has to offer. You should also:
- Compare the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Check the mileage and fuel policies. You don't want to be surprised with any additional costs
- Decide what car you'll need for your trip. Don't rent more car than you need
Even a little rental car know-how can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental suppliers have retailers in Chartres?
In Chartres, there are 5 rental car providers to choose from, like Hertz. Read through the online reviews to help you figure out which is best for your next trip.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Chartres?
That all depends on your needs and what activities you want to do in Chartres. If you're having difficulty choosing, make sure to read over the chart below. We've compared the most popular vehicle categories for you:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in Chartres?
Typically, to rent a car in Chartres you must be at least 21—the same as it is across the rest of the country. Additionally, many suppliers charge an added fee if you are under 25. Be sure to read over the rental agreement to figure out what the total is before you book your vehicle.
Is insurance required to rent a car in Chartres?
Insurance is mandatory, no matter where you rent a car. That said, your current car insurance may cover you. Additionally, if you pay using your credit card, the card's policy may also insure you. Keep in mind, your policies might not totally cover your rental, and you'll have to add it on to your booking. Check ahead of time and, if it is required, you can just include it at the CarRentals.com checkout.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Below is a list of the most common ones.
You will need to find a gas station close to your car rental supplier
What fuel policy should I get?
Many rental car suppliers offer a variety of fuel policies. However, the stand-out choice is usually full-to-full. You simply bring the car back with the same amount of fuel you got it with. Just be sure you make time to shop for the cheapest gas prices.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
Unlimited mileage is a good option for travelers who don't want to worry about how many miles they are driving. You will just need to make sure there's nothing else in the small print that could add in extra costs.
Before you leave the lot
Be sure you check out a few items prior to leaving the lot. It's worth the time to:
- Walk around your vehicle and make certain there is no damage or scrapes. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the radio or entertainment features. You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Chartres car rental today
Use CarRentals.com to get yourself the best wheels Chartres has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be going between the great restaurants, famous landmarks, and all the fantastic sites in Chartres.