Car rentals in Alexandria: All you need to know
You need a great car to take you around Alexandria whether you're traveling for a business trip or a vacation. Check out the famous sites around town and pull up in front of the popular restaurants in Alexandria. CarRentals.com has gathered the most popular questions about renting a car in Alexandria. Read on to find out the dos and don'ts of booking a rental car.
How can I find a great deal on a car rental in Alexandria?
We always try to get you the best price. But, you can remember a couple things to keep your next booking affordable. Make sure to:
- Read the mileage policy to steer clear of any surprises
- Reserve your rental as far in advance as you can
- Avoid airport pick-ups and drop-offs if possible; they commonly are pricier
- Compare weekly and daily rates; you might save more if you rent the car for longer
Even a little rental car know-how can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental suppliers have outlets in Alexandria?
From global names like Hertz and Sixt to budget-friendly brands like Economy and Budget, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Scan through the reviews to get an idea of which one is best for your next trip.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Alexandria?
That depends on your needs and what you'll be doing when you visit Alexandria. If you're having difficulty choosing, make sure to go over the chart below. We have compared the most popular vehicle categories for you:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in Alexandria?
Generally, to rent a car in Alexandria you must be at least 21—the same as it is across the rest of the USA. Additionally, many suppliers charge an extra fee if you are under 25. Be sure to review the rental agreement to find any additional fees will be before you reserve your rental.
Will I need insurance to get a car rental in Alexandria?
Insurance is mandatory, no matter where you rent a car. Nevertheless, your current car insurance may cover you. Additionally, if you pay using your credit card, the card's policy may also insure you. Keep in mind, these policies may not cover you 100%, and you'll need to add it to your booking for Alexandria. Check in advance and, if it's required, you can conveniently add it at the CarRentals.com checkout.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Below is a list of the most common ones.
What fuel policy should I get?
We usually suggest that you opt for the full-to-full policy. This policy simply means you bring your rental back to the full, and you're all set.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Alexandria?
Unlimited mileage is a good option for travelers who don't want to worry about watching the odometer their whole trip. You will just need to make sure there's nothing else in the small print that could add in extra costs.
Know before you go
Before you begin on your Alexandria trip, check out a few items prior to leaving the rental lot. It's important to:
- Inspect the vehicle and determine if there is any damage or scratches. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the radio or entertainment features. It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are navigating a new area
Book your Alexandria rental car today
Use CarRentals.com to get the best wheels Alexandria has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be driving between the great restaurants, world-famous landmarks, and all the terrific sites in Alexandria.