What are the major attractions in Agios Nikolaos?
Not far from the heart of the city, Lake Voulismeni is one attraction you might like to consider adding to your must-see list. The Agios Nikolaos Archaeological Museum and the Folk Museum are also close by and worth a detour.
What are the best road trip destinations near Agios Nikolaos?
There's no need to limit your exploring to just Agios Nikolaos. Heraklion is 35 miles away and features a great range of nearby attractions, such as Palace of Knossos. After that, point your set of wheels towards the Heraklion Archaeological Museum.
Where are the best beaches near Agios Nikolaos?
Fill up your tank, put on some tunes and get ready to feel the sea breeze on your skin. Agios Nikolaos is home to some awesome stretches of coast, such as:
- Voulisma Beach (5 miles away).
- Istro Beach (5 miles away).
- Pachia Ammos Beach (7 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Agios Nikolaos?
Here you'll find our top suggestions if you want to grab the best price on a rental car:
- Look into as many different deals as you can (we make that chore child's play!);
- Subscribe to our Price Drop Alert email service and be informed immediately when prices get lower for your location;
- Include both airport and non-airport pickup outlet locations to make sure you're bagging the hottest price in town;
- If you're not too fussed about which day of the week you get the keys to your car and you've got some flexibility with your travel schedule, have a browse around to see which days and dates will give you the deal you're after;
- So you don't end up paying for an extra day or a late fee, aim to keep your pickup and drop-off times as similar as possible;
- Oftentimes companies reward you for paying upfront — keep your eyes open for these penny-pinching offers;
- Last but not least, secure your favorite vehicle as soon as you possibly can to grab a heap of savings!