What are the major attractions in York?
If your trip to York is all booked but your itinerary is looking a bit empty, we can give you a helping hand.
You'll have to rise and shine if you want to check out all the fascinating sights that this place has to offer. York Dungeon and Merchant Adventurers' Hall are non-negotiable. York Minster and York Castle Museum shouldn't be overlooked either.
Stop by Roman Bath Museum. It's one sight you'll usually find on many visitors' to-do lists. York Christmas Market and Newgate Market are also a stone's throw away and worth a detour.
What are the best road trip destinations near York?
Rack up a few more miles on that rental car and venture 22 miles to Leeds. Royal Armouries is just one of the top attractions to check out. Thackray Medical Museum is also a popular attraction.
Where are the best convention centers near York?
If you have some work-related business to see to in York, there's a high chance you'll be spending loads of time at a major convention center. If that's the case, you might like to know some of the ones that have cafés and restaurants nearby:
- Berdern Hall (0.2 miles away).
- St. William's College (0.2 miles away).
- De Grey Rooms (0.2 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in York?
Here are our suggestions on how to get behind the wheel of a rental car with some extra cash in your pocket:
- A car can take you wherever you want — so can the web. Compare the best deals from the top companies in town in just a couple of clicks;
- Keep your eyes on your inbox for our terrific Price Drop Alert. We'll keep you informed about all the great deals cruising around your location;
- Before you pick up your car keys and jump behind the wheel, check both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off locations to make sure you're scoring the best deal around;
- You can often save a bundle if your plans are flexible. Look at different days and dates and see what savings can be made;
- No one enjoys getting a late fee. Avoid the stress of having to pay for another day by making sure your pickup and drop-off times are around the same time;
- Keep more cash in your pocket. You'll score some of the thriftiest deals when you pay in advance for your rental;
- Don't let the deal you've been searching for slip through your grasp. Book as soon as you can and drive away with your dream set of wheels.
What kind of rental car should I get for York?
Having your own wheels in York will give you the freedom to go where you want, when you want. Maybe you're planning to leave the big city behind, explore the country laneways, and go wherever the wind takes you. If so, grab the keys to one of our full-size or mid-size SUVs and have a look at the forests in the area. If you just can't get enough of the bright city lights, something small will be a better fit. Zooming around bumper-to-bumper traffic will be a lot less stressful with a mini or compact car.
Should I get a luxury rental car in York?
For some of us, owning a luxury vehicle may be somewhat out of reach. But renting your dream car is far more achievable than you might think! Imagine the joy of tearing down the open road in a swanky sports car, even if it's just for a short while. Or perhaps all you need is a budget ride to get you quickly from A to B. Affordable or flashy? Either way, one thing's for sure — there's a rental car to suit your style in York.