What are the major attractions in Workington?
If your trip to Workington is all locked in but your travel itinerary is a bit on the empty side, let us give you a few hints and tips.
Fun and adventure await around every turn here. A few of the top attractions in the area are Helena Thompson Museum, Opera Bingo and Funtastic Softplay Centre. Leave enough space on your itinerary to visit them all.
What are the best road trip destinations near Workington?
If you're looking for day-trip inspiration, we've got a couple of ideas. Situated 25 miles away, Ambleside is worth jumping in the car for. Faeryland, Ambleside Climbing Wall and The Herdy Shop alone make the drive out worth it. Don't skip Carlisle either! Just 31 miles away, A World in Miniature Museum, Magic Castle and Eden Rock are essential stops here.
Where are the best beaches near Workington?
Throw a bucket in the back seat and go for an outing to one of the area's beautiful seaside stretches for some beachcombing fun. See how many treasures you can find dotted along the shoreline before you cruise back to Workington. Top beaches to jot down are:
- Fleswick Bay (9 miles away).
- St. Bees Beach (10 miles away).
Where are the best convention centers near Workington?
If you're here to attend a work conference, you'll find Opera Bingo 2 miles from Workington. During the break, head to a nearby café to grab a cup of coffee — socializing and networking can be quite exhausting.
How can I get a cheap car rental in Workington?
Here are our suggestions on how to hit the road with some extra cash in your pocket:
- A car can take you anyplace — so can the web. Compare the hottest deals from all the top companies in just a couple of clicks;
- Make sure you check your inbox for our fantastic Price Drop Alert. We'll give you inside info on all the amazing bargains cruising around your next vacation destination;
- Check out the deals at all rental locations in town, including the airport terminal and its surrounds. A short cab ride to a neighboring car rental outlet may mean some generous savings;
- If your vacation dates are not written in stone, try scoring a better price by changing the days of the week in your search;
- To avoid paying for an extra day or a late fee, aim to keep your pickup and drop-off times as similar as possible;
- Keep more dollars in your pocket. You'll grab some of the cheapest deals when you prepay your vehicle;
- The early bird catches the biggest worm, along with the hottest deals! Book now to secure some great savings.
What kind of rental car should I get for Workington?
Some travelers find weaving through traffic in big cities challenging. But in a small ride like an economy or compact car, the streets of Workington will be a cinch. Prefer to spend your getaway exploring the surrounding beaches? Have a look at our selection of SUVs. With plenty of cargo space and more oomph under the hood, these bigger rides will make those scenic drives even more unforgettable. Ticking off all the experiences and attractions that Workington is renowned for has never been easier with your own set of wheels.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Workington?
For some people, owning a luxury vehicle is a little (or a lot!) out of reach. But renting your dream ride is far easier than you think! Picture yourself tearing down the open road in a swanky convertible, even if it's just for a short while. Or maybe all you're after is a reliable set of wheels to get you from point A to point B. Affordable or flashy? Whatever you're looking for, there's a rental car to suit your style in Workington.