What are the major attractions in Wakefield?
If your trip to Wakefield is all organized but your travel itinerary is looking a little empty, let us give you a few hints and tips.
National Coal Mining Museum is a noteworthy attraction in this wonderful city. Stop by and see what makes it so special.
Plan a stop at Wakefield Cathedral. It's one attraction you'll find on most visitors' must-do lists. Wakefield Museum and Wakefield Theatre Royal are also a stone's throw away and worth taking the time to see.
What are the best road trip destinations near Wakefield?
With some great day trip options in the surrounding area, renting a car makes sense. Without one, it'd be much more difficult to enjoy everything that Ilkley, 22 miles away, has to offer. The DalesWay should be high up on your list here. Ilkley Playhouse and Ilkley Golf Club are also not to be missed. Situated 16 miles away, Shipley is another popular choice. If you visit, make sure you check out St Leonards Farm Park, Roberts Park and Northcliffe Park.
Where are the best convention centers near Wakefield?
After spending time chatting to like-minded people, it's always nice to be able to lay your head somewhere nearby. If you're traveling to Wakefield for work-related reasons, these are some of the convention centers that are close to hotels, cafés and restaurants:
- Woolley Hall (5 miles away).
- Mecca Bingo (5 miles away).
- Mecca Bingo Huddersfield (12 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Wakefield?
Here are our suggestions on how to get behind the wheel of a rental car with some savings in your pocket:
- Research as many different bargain car rental deals as you can (we make that task a breeze!);
- Organize an email Price Drop Alert for your next exciting vacation destination. You never know what great deals will whiz into your inbox;
- Search both airport and non-airport office locations to be sure you're receiving the best price in town;
- If your pickup and drop-off dates are not set in concrete, try getting a better deal by changing the days in your search;
- Pickup and drop-off times often need to be the same (e.g, both 11 a.m.) or you may be charged for a whole extra day;
- Keep more dollars in your bank account. You'll grab some of the best deals when you pay in advance for your rental vehicle;
- Make your booking as soon as your dates are set. The early bird gets the worm!
What kind of rental car should I get for Wakefield?
Having your own wheels in Wakefield will give you more freedom to go wherever you want. Maybe you just can't wait to skip town, get out on the open road, and go where the wind blows. If so, pick up one of our SUVs and have a look at the forests in the surrounding area. If you just can't get enough of the bright city lights, slide behind the wheel of something small. Dashing around busy streets and traffic will be a lot less stressful with a compact or mini car.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Wakefield?
There's loads of choice when it comes to renting a car in Wakefield. From SUVs with trunk space galore to easy-to-park compacts, you'll find it all here. Selecting your perfect match depends on your budget and what activities you've got planned. Some road trips are just begging you to splurge on your dream ride, whereas other adventures don't need much more than four wheels and a gas pedal. Which car will you be sliding behind the wheel of this trip?