What are the major attractions in Verona?
If your trip to Verona is all booked but your itinerary is a little on the empty side, let us give you a few hints and tips.
Verona Arena deserves more than just a quick drive-by tour. Get out of your car and spend some time checking out this iconic sight during your stay in Verona.
You'll have to rise and shine if you're planning to see all the interesting attractions that this place has to offer. Juliet's House and Piazza delle Erbe are no-brainers. Piazza dei Signori and Scaliger Tombs can't be missed either.
Near the city center, Piazza Bra is one sight you might like to add to your to-do list. Verona Philharmonic Theatre and Verona City Hall are also a stone's throw away and worth a pit stop.
What are the best road trip destinations near Verona?
If you've ticked off all the sights in Verona, there's plenty more on offer in the vicinity. Vicenza is just 28 miles away. Travelers who visit typically have Olympic Theatre at the top of their itineraries.
Where are the best beaches near Verona?
If you enjoy the smell of salty sea air and the sight of seagulls gliding over the ocean, jump behind the wheel and spend a few hours walking along the water's edge at Al Corno Beach. You'll find this glorious stretch of coastline 19 miles from Verona.
Where are the best convention centers near Verona?
If you're in town for a conference, you'll find Veronafiere located 2 miles away. During one of your breaks, make your way to a nearby café to grab a cup of coffee — socializing and networking can be tiring.
How can I get a cheap car rental in Verona?
Avoid paying an arm and a leg for a rental car by following these tips:
- Our hard-working filter feature will be your new best buddy. Scan the biggest deals from all of the top car rental companies as quick as a flash;
- Take advantage of our Price Drop Alert service and be in the know when prices become cheaper for your desired location;
- Research is the key to getting the best rental bargains in town, so be sure to look into both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you pay for your ride;
- If your pickup and drop-off dates are not etched in stone, try scoring a better price by changing the days of the week in your search;
- Nobody enjoys getting a late fee. Avoid the stress of having to pay for another full day by ensuring your pickup and drop-off times are similar;
- Oftentimes companies reward you handsomely for paying upfront — keep your eyes peeled for these deals;
- Make your booking as soon as your dates are finalized. You'd hate to miss out because you left it too late!
What kind of rental car should I get for Verona?
Gas up the tank and get behind the wheel in Verona. There's adventure and excitement around every turn here, from famous attractions like Verona Arena to the more remote rocky coastlines. The car you settle on will make your vacation run more smoothly. If you're heading away with the entire family, look into a standard or an intermediate rental. They'll give you lots more space and legroom. Looking to avoid city driving but would like to venture into the surrounding natural areas? Grab the keys to an RV. This vehicle is perfect for groups craving outdoor adventure — and you'll save on hotels too!
Should I get a luxury rental car in Verona?
Sometimes the journey is more significant than the destination, which makes your car choice important. If you're about to head off on an epic road trip around Verona, a comfortable SUV could be your perfect match. If you want the cheapest price possible and plan on doing a lot of city driving, an economy car is hard to beat. All you need to do is choose what will suit you best, pack up the car, and start clocking up those miles.