Car rentals in Valletta: All you need to know
A Valletta car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to check out all the sights, and even see what else the rest of the region has to offer. We've answered the most popular questions about car rentals in Valletta. Find out the dos and don'ts of booking a rental car.
How do I get a great deal on a car rental in Valletta?
We always strive to get you the best rate. But, you can do a couple things to keep your upcoming rental affordable. Make sure to:
- Compare the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Educate yourself on any cost for mileage limits, fuel policy, and additional drivers. That way you will know the total cost before you book
- Don't get more vehicle than you'll need. Usually, the smaller the car, the cheaper the rate
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save big on your Valletta rental car.
What rental companies have retailers in Valletta?
From global names like National and Hertz to budget-friendly brands like Fox and Budget, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Scan through the reviews to get an idea of which is best for you.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Valletta?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this city means you're certain to find an automobile that is perfect for you. Some options include:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in Valletta?
Usually, the age limit for car rentals in Valletta is 21—the same as it is across most of the country. However, you might need to pay a surcharge if you're under 25. Be sure to read over the terms to determine any additional fees is before you reserve your rental.
Will I need insurance to get a car rental in Valletta?
Insurance is always needed, wherever you're renting a car. However, you could already be insured by your credit card or car policies. Keep in mind, these policies may not provide 100% coverage, and you'll need to add it to your booking for Valletta. Check ahead of time and, if it's needed, you can easily include it at checkout.
What is the fuel policy for Valletta rental cars?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Below is a list of the most common ones.
What fuel policy should I get?
We usually recommend that you opt for the full-to-full policy. This policy simply means you bring your rental back to the full, and you're all set.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Valletta?
If you plan to explore all that Valletta offers, you're going to want unlimited miles. You can drive as far as you'd like without worrying about additional charges. Go over the fine print to be certain your mileage is actually "unlimited."
Before you leave the lot
Before you get going on your Valletta trip, check out a few things before you leave the car rental lot. You should:
- Check out your car and be certain there is no damage or scratches. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Check the trunk to see if the spare is properly inflated and the jack and lung wrench are there
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and wipers
- Get comfortable working the radio or entertainment features. It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are navigating a new region
Book your Valletta car rental today
Maybe you're traveling with your partner and kids, or carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center. Maybe you're traveling solo. CarRentals.com has the ideal rental car that can suit your requirements and not break the bank.