What are the major attractions in Ulm?
Not far from the heart of the city, Ulm Cathedral is one sight you might like to put on your to-do list. Blautalcenter Ulm and the Kunsthalle Weishaupt are also nearby and worth a pit stop.
What are the best road trip destinations near Ulm?
Make sure you have plenty of gas in the tank, because Esslingen is well worth a detour. Located 4 miles from Ulm, it has some fantastic attractions, such as New Castle and the Mercedes Benz Museum. Obertal, 4 miles away, is another destination that's worth the drive. Be sure to visit the Wilhelma Zoo and Schlossplatz, two top-notch attractions in the area.
How can I get a cheap car rental in Ulm?
Avoid spending an arm and a leg on a rental car by following our top tips:
- Use our convenient filter tool to steer you towards the hottest car rental deals around — and then compare the prices;
- Subscribe to our Price Drop Alert email service and immediately discover when prices fall for your desired location;
- Scan the offers at all rental locations around town, being sure to include both the airport terminal and its surrounds. A quick cab trip to a nearby rental car outlet may mean some generous savings;
- If you're not too worried about which day of the week you get the keys to your car and you've got a bit of flexibility with your vacation plans, have a play around to see which days and dates give you the best prices;
- No one enjoys being charged a late fee. Avoid the stress of having to pay for another day by ensuring your pickup and drop-off times are around the same time;
- Some companies reward you for prepaying — keep an eye open for these great deals;
- Book as soon as your vacation dates are locked in. The earlier you book, the bigger the choice.