Car rentals in Tahiti: All you need to know
You need a great automobile to take you around Tahiti whether you're going for a business or pleasure. See the top sites around the area and park in front of the best restaurants in Tahiti. We've gathered your most frequently asked questions about car rentals in Tahiti. Read on to see the dos and don'ts of car rentals.
How can I find a great deal on a rental car in Tahiti?
CarRentals.com makes it a cinch to book budget-friendly deals. Simply type in your travel dates and scroll through the variety of car rental suppliers, select the top rental locations, and find the cheapest packages Tahiti has to offer. You should also:
- Compare and contrast the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually get the vehicle of your choice and save more
- Educate yourself on any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. This way you can make sure you know the true cost before you rent
- Determine the car you'll need for your vacation. Don't get more car than you need
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save big on your Tahiti rental car.
What rental companies have agencies in Tahiti?
From budget-friendly brands like Economy and Budget to global names like Hertz and Enterprise, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Read through the online reviews to help you figure out which is best for you.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Tahiti?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this city means you're bound to find an automobile that suits your needs. Some options include:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in Tahiti?
Normally, the age limit for renting a car in Tahiti is 21. Please note, you may find that there is an additional charge if you are under the age of 25 or for larger or higher category cars in particular. Go over the terms to figure out what any additional charges is before you rent your car.
Is insurance required to rent a car in Tahiti?
Most countries require the driver to have insurance. You might be able to buy additional insurance through rental car supplier for your trip, if you are concerned your insurance won't cover your rental during your trip.Many major card issuers, like Visa or American Express, give some insurance on your rental; however, there may be restrictions. For instance, you may not be covered if you get a luxury or larger vehicle. Make sure to check car rental company's policy before you decide.
What is the fuel policy for Tahiti rental cars?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Here is a list of the typical policies.
You will have to find an open gas station near your rental car supplier
What fuel policy do you recommend?
Many rental car suppliers offer a variety of fuel policies. However, full-to-full is our stand-out winner. You simply bring the car back with the same amount of fuel you got it with. Just be sure you make time to shop for the cheapest gas prices.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Tahiti?
Unlimited mileage is a good choice for anyone who don't want to worry about incurring any extra charges with the distance they drive. Just make sure that your policy really provides unlimited miles. Read the fine print before you book.
What are some must-see sights in Tahiti?
There is tons to see and do in this city. Tahiti has around 12 attractions that it is known for. Some of the most popular are:
- La Plage de Maui
- Museum of Tahiti and Her Islands
- Vaipahi Gardens
Fortunately, you can drive to whichever one you want or see all of them.
Tips before you leave the lot
Be sure you go over a few things prior to leaving the rental lot on your Tahiti adventure. You should:
- Walk around the vehicle and make certain there is no damage or scrapes. If so, mark it down on your paperwork
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Get comfortable operating the entertainment and GPS (if available). It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are navigating a new city
Book your Tahiti car rental today
You know you can depend on a great set of wheels that will leave you with extra money in the bank when you book with CarRentals.com. Book today to cash in on cheap deals on your perfect Tahiti rental car. See you out here.