What are the major attractions in Swindon?
Close to the center, the Lydiard Park is one spot you might like to put on your to-do list. If you still have some space on that travel itinerary, Swindon Designer Outlet and the Museum of the Great Western Railway will keep you entertained, too.
What are the best road trip destinations near Swindon?
Swindon has some wonderful sights, but there's more to keep you amused in the surrounding area. How does an iconic attraction sound? The Roman Baths barely needs an introduction. Located about 3 miles away in Bath, be sure to organize your travel calendar to include this must-see sight.
How can I get a cheap car rental in Swindon?
Avoid paying a fortune for a rental car by following these top tips:
- Use our amazing filter tool to help steer you in the direction of the hottest car deals around — and then compare the prices;
- By submitting only your email address (and not your driver's license, life history and cat's middle name) into our Price Drop Alert, you'll be notified of all the hottest prices for your selected destination;
- Research is the key to scoring the best rental bargains in town, so be sure to check out both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you shell out for your ride;
- If you're not too fussed about which day of the week you collect the keys to your car and you've got some flexibility with your travel plans, have a play around to see which days and dates will give you the best prices;
- To avoid paying late fees or for a whole extra day, aim to keep your pickup and drop-off times as similar as possible;
- Some companies reward you handsomely for paying upfront — keep your eyes peeled for these money-saving deals;
- The early bird catches the juiciest worm, and also the best deals! Book as soon as possible to score some impressive savings, on top of your perfect set of wheels.