Car rentals in Islands Rarotonga: All you need to know
You want a great vehicle to get around Islands Rarotonga whether you're traveling for a business or pleasure. Explore the top sites around town and park in front of the best restaurants in Islands Rarotonga. CarRentals.com has answered your most popular questions about car rentals in Islands Rarotonga. Keep reading to see how to get the best rates on your ideal vehicle.
Where can I find a great deal on a rental car in Islands Rarotonga?
CarRentals.com makes it a breeze to get the cheapest deals. Simply enter your travel dates and scroll down the variety of rental suppliers, pick the top rental locations, and find the most wallet-friendly packages Islands Rarotonga has to offer. You should also:
- Compare and contrast daily and weekly rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Learn about any cost for fuel policy, additional drivers, and mileage limits. This way you will know the total cost before you book
- Don't rent more vehicle than you need. Normally, the smaller the class the lower the rate
Even a little knowledge can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental companies have agencies in Islands Rarotonga?
From global names like Enterprise and Hertz to budget-friendly brands like Thrifty and Budget, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Look through the reviews to get an idea of which one is best for you.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Islands Rarotonga?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this Islands city means you're bound to find a vehicle that is perfect for you. Some options include:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Islands Rarotonga?
Normally, to rent a car in Islands Rarotonga you must be at least 21—the same as it is across the rest of the country. Additionally, many suppliers charge an added fee if you are under 25. Be sure to read over the rental agreement to figure out what the total will be before you book your rental.
Is insurance required to rent a car in Islands Rarotonga?
When driving around Islands Rarotonga or the rest of region, you'll need insurance. Almost every supplier needs proof of insurance before you pick up your vehicle. Most countries require the driver to have insurance. You may be able to buy temporary coverage with the rental agency.
The major credit card issuers (MasterCard, Visa, American Express, and Discover) will generally cover your car rental. However, many of them have restrictions, such as not covering large vehicles like premium models or some SUVs. It is best to call and find out what kind of coverage is offered before you travel to Islands Rarotonga.
What is the fuel policy for Islands Rarotonga rental cars?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Below is a list of the most common ones.
You will need to search for a gas station close to the drop-off location
What fuel policy do you recommend?
Most suppliers give you a full to full tank policy. We advise bringing it back with a full tank. If you want to save some money, find a gas station before returning the rental.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
If you want to explore all that Islands Rarotonga offers, you're going to need unlimited miles. You can drive as far as you'd like without worrying about additional charges. Review the fine print to be sure your mileage is truly "unlimited."
Know before you go
Be sure you check out a few things prior to leaving the rental lot. It's important to:
- Walk around your vehicle and be certain there is no dents or scratches. If you notice any, write it down on the paperwork
- Check the trunk to determine if the spare is properly inflated and the jack and lung wrench are there
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the radio or entertainment features. It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are driving around a new region
Book your Islands Rarotonga rental car today
Use CarRentals.com to get yourself the best wheels Islands Rarotonga has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be cruising between the well-known restaurants, famous landmarks, and all the amazing sites in Islands Rarotonga.