What are the major attractions in Portsmouth?
If your trip to Portsmouth is all locked in but your travel itinerary is a little on the empty side, let us give you a helping hand.
If your friends ask why you're heading here, just show them some pictures of Gunwharf Quays and Spinnaker Tower. These noteworthy attractions will make sure you have an awesome trip.
Stop by St. John's Cathedral. It's one attraction you'll usually find on many travelers' must-do lists. Portsmouth Guildhall and New Theatre Royal are also a stone's throw away and worth taking the time to see.
What are the best road trip destinations near Portsmouth?
There's no need to limit your adventures to just Portsmouth. Winchester is 22 miles away and features a neat range of close-by attractions, such as Great Hall. Looking for another good reason to head there? Winchester Cathedral is also within easy reach.
Where are the best beaches near Portsmouth?
Nothing screams vacation like loading up the car with supplies and heading to the seaside. Portsmouth has some gorgeous beaches nearby, so bring along a book (and a kite if it's windy) and take a road trip to one of these idyllic options:
- Southsea nudest Beach (2 miles away).
- Browndown Point (4 miles away).
- Beachlands Beach (5 miles away).
Where are the best convention centers near Portsmouth?
If you're traveling to Portsmouth for work-related reasons, you'll probably be visiting some business and convention centers. With your own rental car, you can rest easy knowing you'll make it there on time. Here are some of the biggest and the best:
- Portsmouth Guildhall (0.2 miles away).
- Square Tower (1 mile away).
- Spitbank Fort (2 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Portsmouth?
We've pulled together a list of our best tips and tricks to help you save on a car rental:
- Our nifty filter feature will be your new BFF. Sift through the cheapest deals from all of the top companies as quick as a flash;
- Keep checking your inbox for our awesome Price Drop Alert. We'll give you the intel on all the hot deals cruising around your next vacation destination;
- Search both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off locations to make sure you're bagging the best deal around;
- You can sometimes save a few dollars if your plans are flexible. Look at different days and dates and find out what savings can be made;
- So you don't end up paying late fees or for a whole extra day, try to keep your pickup and drop-off times as similar as possible;
- If you're in the mood to save a pretty penny, prepay for your rental and drive away with some of the thriftiest rates around;
- Don't let the deal you want slip through your fingers. Book as soon as you can and lock in your ideal set of wheels.
What kind of rental car should I get for Portsmouth?
Sure, it's possible to go and explore Portsmouth without a car. But with so much to see, having one will definitely make your trip all the more memorable. If you can't wait to head out into some nature, choose a vehicle with a bit of extra power. A full-size car or an SUV will do the job in style. A smaller car, like a mini or a compact, is a popular choice for travelers heading off on shorter trips.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Portsmouth?
There's plenty of choice when it comes to rental cars in Portsmouth. From people-movers with plenty of room to spare to economy rides that are a snap to park, you'll find it all here. Choosing your ride depends on how much you'd like to spend and what you intend to do. There are some road trips that are just begging you to splurge on your dream ride, whereas other adventures require no more than enough space for your luggage and buddies.