What are the major attractions in Port Macquarie?
If your trip to Port Macquarie is all booked but your itinerary is looking a little empty, we can give you a helping hand.
Plan a stop at Douglas Vale Historic Homestead & Vineyard. It's one sight you'll find on many travelers' must-do lists. If you still have some room on your travel itinerary, Port Macquarie Historic Cemetery and Kooloonbung Creek Nature Park will keep you occupied, as well.
What are the best road trip destinations near Port Macquarie?
If you're on the hunt for day-trip inspiration from Port Macquarie, you certainly won't be disappointed! South Kempsey, just 22 miles away, is home to some great attractions that'll keep you on the go. Stop in at Slim Dusty Heritage Centre and Kempsey Golf Club to start discovering the culture of the region. Then finish off your trip with a visit to Kempsey Museum.
Where are the best beaches near Port Macquarie?
Rain, hail or shine, you'll be able to visit the awesome beaches near Port Macquarie from the comfort of your rental car. As you drive along, keep a watch out for seabirds flying over these glorious stretches of coastline:
- Nobbys Beach (2 miles away).
- Lighthouse Beach (4 miles away).
- North Haven Beach (12 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Port Macquarie?
Here's a rundown of our top suggestions if you want to bag the best deal on a car rental:
- Look into as many different deals as you can (we make that job as easy as ABC!);
- By entering your email address into our Price Drop Alert, you'll stay on top of all of the best offers for your chosen location;
- Scan the deals at all rental locations around town, including the airport terminal and surrounding area. A short cab journey to a close-by car rental facility might reward you with substantial savings;
- If your pickup and drop-off dates are not set in stone, try scoring a lower price by changing the days in your search;
- So you don't end up paying late fees or for a whole extra day, aim to keep your pickup and drop-off times the same;
- Oftentimes companies reward you for paying upfront — keep an eye out for these great deals;
- The early bird catches the worm, and also the hottest deals! Book now to score some impressive savings.
What kind of rental car should I get for Port Macquarie?
Sure, you can explore Port Macquarie without renting a car. But with so much to see and do here, having one would certainly make life easier. If you'd like to get out of the city and into the great outdoors, choose a vehicle with a bit of power. A full-size or mid-size SUV will take you to the surrounding sandy shores in roomy style. Prefer to spend most of your getaway in town? A mini or compact car is a wise choice. Driving around busy streets and squeezing into tiny parking spaces will be less hassle in one of these.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Port Macquarie?
There's loads of choice when it comes to rental cars in Port Macquarie. From luxury models to easy-to-park compacts, you'll find it all here. Deciding on your perfect match depends on how much you'd like to spend and what you intend to do. Some road trips are just begging you to splurge on your dream ride, whereas other adventures don't need much more than enough space for your luggage and buddies.