Car rentals in Plymouth: All you need to know
A Plymouth car rental allows you to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to check out all the sights, and even see what the rest of England has to offer. CarRentals.com has gathered your most popular questions about car rentals in Plymouth. Find out the dos and don'ts of renting a car.
Where do I get a great deal on a car rental in Plymouth?
CarRentals.com makes it easy to grab the best deals. Simply enter your travel dates and scroll through the variety of car rental companies, choose the top rental locations, and find the cheapest packages Plymouth has to offer. You can also:
- Compare daily and weekly rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually get the car of your choice and save more
- Be aware of any cost for mileage limits, fuel policy, and additional drivers. That way you will know the true cost before you book
- Don't rent more vehicle than you'll need. Usually, the smaller the class the lower the rate
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save on your Plymouth rental car.
What rental suppliers have outlets in Plymouth?
From global names like Ace and Enterprise to budget-friendly brands like Economy and Budget, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Scan through the reviews to help you figure out which one is best for you.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Plymouth?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this England metropolis means you're certain to find a car that suits your needs. Some options include:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Plymouth?
Normally, to rent a car in Plymouth you must be at least 21. However, there might be an added fee if you are under the age of 25 or for higher category vehicles in particular. Read over the supplier's terms to figure out what the exact price is before you book your rental.
Will I need insurance to get a car rental in Plymouth?
Insurance is always needed, no matter where you're renting a car. With that said, you might already be insured by your credit card or car policies. Keep in mind, those policies might not totally cover your rental, and you'll have to add it to your booking for Plymouth. Check in advance and, if it's necessary, you can simply include it at checkout.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Here is a list of the typical policies.
What fuel policy should I get?
Many rental car suppliers offer a range of fuel policies. However, full-to-full is our stand-out choice. You simply bring the car back with the same amount of fuel you got it with.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
If you plan to check out all that Plymouth offers, you are going to want unlimited miles. You can drive as far as you'd like without worrying about additional fees. Read the fine print to make sure your mileage is truly "unlimited."
Before you leave the lot
Make sure you go over a few things prior to leaving the car rental lot. It's worth the time to:
- Check out the vehicle and make certain there is no damage or scratches. If so, mark it down on the paperwork
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and wipers
- Get comfortable working the entertainment and GPS (if available). It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are driving around a new region
Book your Plymouth rental car today
You know you can depend on a great set of wheels that will leave you with cash to spare when you reserve your car with CarRentals.com. Cash in on cheap deals on your Plymouth rental car when you book with CarRentals.com. We'll see you on the road.