What are the major attractions in Napier?
Experience the best of what this place has to offer by adding National Aquarium of New Zealand and Napier Beach to your travel itinerary. If you've got an extra day up your sleeve, swing by Bluff Hill Domain Lookout and the National Tobacco Company Building as well.
Adventure is just around the corner at Centennial Gardens. It's one attraction you'll find on most visitors' to-do lists. If you still have space on that itinerary, the Pania of the Reef and Napier Prison will keep you on the go, too.
What are the best road trip destinations near Napier?
Napier is amazing, there's no doubt about that — but there's loads more to see and do a little further down the road. Get back behind the wheel and have a new adventure in Pakipaki. This popular day-trip destination is home to some fascinating attractions, such as Westerman's Building.
Where are the best beaches near Napier?
Shorelines are the best places to fly a kite. If you feel a breeze blowing, why not buckle the kids into the car and take a road trip to Ocean Beach? It's 19 miles from Napier and is a lovely place for some family fun.
How can I get a cheap car rental in Napier?
Avoid spending a fortune on a rental car by following our recommendations:
- Use our convenient filter tool to steer you in the direction of the cheapest car deals in town — and then compare the prices;
- By entering only your email address (and not your passport number, life history and cat's middle name) into our Price Drop Alert, you'll be informed of all the unbeatable prices for your selected location;
- Research is the key to bagging the best rental deals in town, so be sure to take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you pay for your ride;
- You can sometimes save a few dollars if your travel plans are flexible. Look at different days and dates and find out how much you can save;
- Pickup and drop-off times usually need to be the same (e.g, both 9 a.m.) or you may be asked to pay for an entire extra day;
- Sometimes companies reward you handsomely for paying upfront — keep your eyes open for these deals;
- It's best to book as soon as your vacation dates are set. The early bird gets the worm!