What are the major attractions in Matera?
Adventure is just around the bend at Cathedral of Matera. It's one sight you'll usually find on most visitors' to-do lists. If you still have space on that travel schedule, Tramontano Castle and San Giovanni Battista Church will keep you entertained, too.
What are the best road trip destinations near Matera?
Matera is incredible, there's no doubt about that — but there's loads more to see and do just outside its borders. Loseto is just 3 miles away. Travelers who visit typically have Norman-Hohenstaufen Castle on their must-do lists.
How can I get a cheap car rental in Matera?
Avoid spending an arm and a leg on a rental car by following our top tips:
- Our nifty filter feature is about to become your new best friend. Size up all of the hottest deals, from all of the top rental car companies, quick as lightning;
- Set up an email Price Drop Alert for your next vacation destination. You never know what fantastic deals will zoom straight into your inbox;
- Include both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off office locations to make sure you're receiving the hottest bargain in town;
- If your vacation is somewhat flexible, change your dates to find lower prices on different days of the week;
- Try to keep the time of your pickup and drop-off as similar as possible. If you bring back your rental car later than you picked it up, you could be charged an extra day unnecessarily;
- Keep more dollars in your pocket. You'll grab some of the thriftiest deals when you prepay your rental;
- Don't let the deal you've been looking for slip through your fingers. Book as soon as possible and zoom off with your ideal set of wheels.