What are the major attractions in Liverpool?
If your trip to Liverpool is all booked but your itinerary is a little on the empty side, we can give you a few hints and tips.
Think of Liverpool and then say the first thing that comes to mind. Bet you said "Liverpool ONE," right? Being such an iconic landmark, you just can't miss it. Throw your luggage into the car and tick it off your bucket list.
Take in the best of what this place has to offer by adding Merseyside Maritime Museum and Walker Art Gallery to your travel itinerary. If you have an extra day up your sleeve, have a look at World Museum Liverpool and St. George's Hall as well.
Plan a stop at Liverpool Town Hall. It's one sight you'll find on travelers' to-do lists. Church of our Lady and Saint Nicholas and Cavern Club are also a stone's throw away and worth a pit stop.
What are the best road trip destinations near Liverpool?
If you find yourself with a little extra time and you don't mind traveling 28 miles, check out Blackpool. This vibrant destination has loads of things to keep you occupied. Among your first stops here ought to be Mecca Bingo, Opera House Theatre and Blackpool Tower Ballroom. The locals will also likely point you in the direction of Preston, 28 miles away. If you only see one attraction here, let it be Monkey Magic. (But we'd also highly recommend Longton Brickcroft Nature Reserve and Rascals Party and Play Centre.)
Where are the best beaches near Liverpool?
There's nothing like dropping the car window and feeling the cool sea air in your hair while you're driving along the seaside. Pack some supplies and spend an afternoon having fun in the sun at one of the fantastic beaches near Liverpool. Top options include:
- Crosby Beach (5 miles away).
- Blundellsands Beach (6 miles away).
- West Kirby Beach (9 miles away).
Where are the best convention centers near Liverpool?
If you have some important work-related business to attend to in Liverpool, there's a high chance you'll be spending plenty of time in a convention center. If that's the case, you might want to hear about some of the ones that have hotels and cafés nearby:
- BT Convention Centre (1 mile away).
- Pacific Road Arts Centre (1 mile away).
- Conference Center at Lace (2 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Liverpool?
Here's a rundown of our top tips if you're looking to bag the cheapest possible car rental:
- A car can take you anyplace you want to go — so can the web. Compare the cheapest deals from the leading rental companies in just a few clicks;
- Subscribe to our Price Drop Alert service and immediately find out when prices become cheaper for your location;
- Look at the bargains at all rental locations in town, including the airport and its vicinity. A short cab drive to a close-by rental car facility may mean some generous savings;
- You can often save a bundle if your plans are flexible. Look at different days and dates and see what savings can be made;
- Pickup and drop-off times usually need to be the same or very similar (e.g, both 11 a.m.) or you may be required to pay for a whole extra day;
- If you're hoping to save a few dollars, pay as soon as you book and zoom off with some of the thriftiest rates around;
- And finally, secure your favorite vehicle as soon as possible to grab yourself a mountain of savings!
What kind of rental car should I get for Liverpool?
Liverpool is waiting to welcome you. This happening metropolis is bursting with awesome sights and experiences — Liverpool ONE, anyone? Of course, big cities often mean lots of traffic, and scoring a car space can be difficult. That's why many visitors favor a mini or a compact car. These small vehicles won't be suitable for everyone though. If you have the kids in tow, grab a set of wheels with extra leg space, like a standard car or a full-size SUV. These would also make it easier to drive around the gorgeous caves the region is renowned for.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Liverpool?
For some, owning a luxury vehicle may be somewhat out of reach. But renting your dream car is easier than you think! Imagine cruising into town in a fancy convertible, even if it's only for a day or two. Or perhaps all you're chasing is a reliable set of wheels to bring you safely from point A to point B. Affordable or flashy? Either way, there's a rental car to suit you in Liverpool.