What are the major attractions in L'Aquila?
If your trip to L'Aquila is all sorted out but your itinerary is a bit on the empty side, we can give you a helping hand.
If there's one thing that encapsulates L'Aquila, it's Piazza del Duomo. Make sure you take some awesome shots of this spectacular attraction to share with the folks when you get home.
Whatever you do, don't forget to bring your camera when you head to Museo Nazionale d'Abruzzo. This terrific attraction is sure to provide some awesome photo ops.
Close to the center, Tommaso Fattori Stadium is one spot you might like to add to your to-do list. L'Aquila Public Pool and Fontana Luminosa are also a stone's throw away and worth taking the time to see.
What are the best road trip destinations near L'Aquila?
If you've seen all the highlights in L'Aquila, there's plenty more to discover in the surrounding area. Hop back into the driver's seat and embark on a new adventure in Montesilvano. This popular day-trip destination is home to some cool attractions, such as Montesilvano Convention Center.
How can I get a cheap car rental in L'Aquila?
We've compiled our top tips and tricks to help you save:
- Browse as many different bargain car rental deals as you can (we make that chore completely painless!);
- Arrange an email Price Drop Alert for your next exciting vacation destination. You never know what fantastic deals will whiz into your inbox;
- Check the offers at all rental locations in town, including the airport and surrounding area. A brief cab drive to a neighboring rental car facility may result in some generous savings;
- If you have some elbow room in your schedule, alter your dates to find cheaper prices on different days of the week;
- So you don't end up paying late fees or for a whole extra day, aim to keep your pickup and drop-off times the same;
- Keep more dollars in your bank account. You'll score some of the thriftiest deals when you pay in advance for your rental car;
- Don't let the deal you've been searching for slip through your fingers. Book as soon as possible and lock in your ideal ride.
What kind of rental car should I get for L'Aquila?
L'Aquila — so many things to see and do, so little time. Piazza del Duomo is just the start. That's why renting a car is a smart idea. Explore more of the big-name attractions of this energetic city with a mini or an economy car. Bumper-to-bumper traffic, maze-like streets, dead ends, and lane changes are all the easier with little runabouts like these. However, if you'd love to get around in a little extra style, why not pick up the keys to a convertible? Perfect for enjoying the beautiful weather and scenery, you can travel to the tablelands of the region with the top pulled down and the breeze in your hair.
Should I get a luxury rental car in L'Aquila?
You'll be glad to hear that there's an impressive variety of both economy and high-end rental vehicles on offer in L'Aquila. What you end up going with depends on your funds and what you're hoping to do. Prestige vehicles offer the best in mod cons and comfort. If you're splashing out, why not go for a fully kitted-out SUV, or perhaps a stylish mid-sized sedan? Otherwise, if you're just after a set of wheels to get you around town as economically as possible, we can help you out with a no-frills compact vehicle (or something else that won't burn a hole in your pocket).