What are the major attractions in L'Aquila?
Be sure to plan more than just a quick drive-by of Piazza del Duomo during your stay in L'Aquila. Get out of your car, go for a stroll and take your time getting to know this famous attraction.
Whatever you do, don't forget to take your camera when you swing by the Museo Nazionale d'Abruzzo. This fascinating attraction is guaranteed to offer some unmissable photo ops.
Nothing's better than an exciting, new adventure, and you'll find it at the Fontana Luminosa. L'Aquila Public Pool is another great pit stop.
What are the best road trip destinations near L'Aquila?
Whip out your bucket list, because it's about to get that tiny bit longer. Once you've marked off the sights in L'Aquila, there's a must-see attraction just a little further out. Rome is 6 miles away and the home of St. Peter's Basilica. It's worth making a day trip out of.
How can I get a cheap car rental in L'Aquila?
Avoid spending an arm and a leg on a rental car by following these tips:
- Investigate as many different bargain deals as you can (we make that chore child's play!);
- Keep an eye on your inbox for our terrific Price Drop Alert. We'll let you know all about all the great deals cruising around your next vacation destination;
- Research is the key to bagging the hottest rental bargains in town, so be sure to take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you fork out for your ride;
- You can often save a pretty penny if your vacation plans are flexible. Compare different days and dates and find out what savings you can score;
- Pickup and drop-off times generally need to be similar (e.g, both 11 a.m.) or you could be charged for an extra day unnecessarily;
- Oftentimes companies reward you big time for prepaying — keep your eyes open for these penny-pinching deals;
- Finally, yet importantly, secure your favorite vehicle as soon as you possibly can to score a load of savings!