Car rentals in Kuwait: All you need to know
You need a great vehicle to get around Kuwait whether you're going for a business or pleasure. See the top sites around the city and park in front of the popular restaurants in Kuwait. We've gathered the most frequently asked questions about car rentals in Kuwait. Keep reading to discover the dos and don'ts of car rentals.
How do I find a bargain car rental in Kuwait?
CarRentals.com always strives to get you the best deal. But, to increase your savings on your trip to Kuwait you can do a few things. Be sure to:
- Compare weekly and daily rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Check the mileage and fuel policies. This way you'll avoid any surprises on your final bill
- Don't get more car than you'll need. Generally, the smaller the class the lower the rate
These tips can help you save even more on your next car rental in Kuwait.
What rental companies have agencies in Kuwait?
In Kuwait, we have a few rental car suppliers to pick from, like Hertz. Read through the online reviews to help you figure out which is best for you.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Kuwait?
That depends on your needs and what you'll be doing when you visit Kuwait. If you're having difficulty deciding, be sure to read over the chart below. We have compared the most popular types of vehicles for you:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Kuwait?
Typically, the age limit for car rentals in Kuwait is 21. However, you may find that there is an added charge if you are under the age of 25 or for higher category rentals. Go through the terms to find what the exact fee will be before you reserve your rental.
Does Kuwait require rental car insurance?
When driving in Kuwait or the rest of country, you will need insurance. Many suppliers require that you show proof of insurance before you rent a car. Many countries require driver's insurance. You may be able to purchase additional insurance through the rental car dealer, if you think your insurance won't cover your rental during your trip.
Many major card issuers, like Visa or American Express, give some insurance on your rental, however, there are usually restrictions. For instance, they may not cover your rental car if you get a larger or luxury vehicle. Be sure to check the rental car company's policy before you decide.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Here is a list of the typical policies.
You will need to find a gas station close to your rental car supplier
What fuel policy do you recommend?
Most rental car suppliers provide you a full to full tank policy. We encourage returning the car filled up. For a cheaper rate, it is best to fill up your tank before you return the car. Stations near or around airports or car rental places tend to have higher prices.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Kuwait?
Unlimited mileage is a good choice for travelers who don't want to worry about incurring any extra charges with the distance they drive. You will just need to make sure there's nothing else in the small print that could add in extra costs.
Before you drive off
Be sure you go over a few things before you leave the car rental lot. It's important to:
- Inspect the car and make certain there is no damage or scratches. If so, mark it down on your paperwork
- Inspect the trunk to determine if the spare is properly inflated and both the lug wrench and jack are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Get comfortable operating the entertainment and GPS (if available). It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are navigating a new region
Book your Kuwait car rental today
When you book with CarRentals.com, you can count on a perfect car that will leave you with extra cash to spare. Cash in on cheap deals on your ideal Kuwait car rental when you book with us. See you out here.