Car rentals in Kingston: All you need to know
A Kingston car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You can check out all the sights, and even find out what else the rest of the region has to offer. CarRentals.com has collected the most frequently asked questions about renting a car in Kingston. Find out the dos and don'ts of renting a car.
How can I get a bargain car rental in Kingston?
CarRentals.com makes it a cinch to get budget-friendly rates. Simply enter your travel dates and go down the variety of rental companies, choose the top rental locations, and find the best packages Kingston has to offer. You should also:
- Compare and contrast weekly and daily rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually get your car of your choice and save more
- Be aware of any cost for mileage limits, fuel policy, and additional drivers. This way you can make sure you know the actual cost before you book
- Don't rent more vehicle than you'll need. Usually, the smaller the class the lower the rate
These tips can help you save even more on your next car rental in Kingston.
What rental companies have retailers in Kingston?
In Kingston, CarRentals.com has 3 car rental suppliers to pick from, like Avis. Look through the reviews to help you figure out which one meets your needs.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Kingston?
That depends on how many people you are traveling with and what you'll be doing when you visit Kingston. If you're having a little trouble choosing, make sure to read over the table below. We have compared the most popular categories for you:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Kingston?
Generally, to rent a car in Kingston you must be at least 21. Please note, you may find that there is an additional charge if you are under 25 or for larger or higher category vehicles in particular. Go through the terms to figure out what the exact charge is before you reserve your rental.
Will I need insurance to get a car rental in Kingston?
Most countries require driver's insurance. You may be able to buy additional insurance through rental car company for your trip, if you know your insurance won't cover your rental during your trip.Although many of the major card issuers, like MasterCard or Discover, provide some insurance, there are usually restrictions. For example, they may not cover your rental car if you reserve a larger or luxury vehicle. Check the policy before you decide.
What is the difference between all the fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Here is a list of the typical policies.
You will have to search for a gas station close to your car rental supplier
What fuel policy do you recommend?
We recommend a full tank policy. You pick up your rental with a full tank, and you should bring it back it filled up. To avoid any added expenses, fill up your tank before you return the car.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Kingston?
Unlimited miles is a great choice if you plan to do a bit of sightseeing or visit a lot of clients all over Kingston. You can cruise wherever you like without incurring additional charges. Make sure to read your rental agreement to see if there are mileage limitations.
Know before you go
Be sure you check a few things before you leave the lot on your Kingston adventure. You should take time to:
- Walk around the car and determine if there is any damage or scrapes. If you notice any, mark it down on your paperwork
- Inspect the trunk to see if the spare is properly inflated and both the lug wrench and jack are there
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and wipers
- Figure out how to work the entertainment and GPS (if available). You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Kingston rental car today
Use CarRentals.com to get yourself the best wheels Kingston has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be going between the well-known restaurants, renowned landmarks, and all the terrific sites in Kingston.