What are the major attractions in Invercargill?
If your trip to Invercargill is all organized but your itinerary is a bit on the empty side, we can give you a helping hand.
Not far from the heart of the city, Turnbull Thompson Park is one attraction to consider adding to your to-do list. If you still have space on your itinerary, Bill Richardson Transport World and Stadium Southland will keep you entertained, too.
What are the best road trip destinations near Invercargill?
If you find yourself with a little spare time and you don't mind traveling 34 miles, check out Gore. This lively place offers plenty of things to see and do. Explore the area starting with Gore Historical Museum, Hokonui Pioneer village and Museum and Eastern Southland Gallery. Situated 37 miles away, Curio Bay is another popular choice. If you stop by, be sure to check out Slope Point, Curio Bay Petrified Forest and Curio Bay Beach.
Where are the best beaches near Invercargill?
If you love the smell of fresh sea air and the sight of seabirds swooping high up in the sky, jump in your car and spend a day walking beside the water at Oreti Beach. You'll find this terrific stretch 7 miles from Invercargill.
How can I get a cheap car rental in Invercargill?
Below we've listed all the tricks of the trade to help you save:
- A car can take you anywhere — so can the web. Compare the hottest deals from the top companies in town in a couple of clicks;
- Take advantage of our Price Drop Alert and be in the know when prices fall for your destination;
- Include both airport and non-airport pickup outlet locations to be sure you're getting the best offer in town;
- If your dates are not written in stone, try scoring a lower price by modifying the days in your search;
- Pickup and drop-off times typically need to be around the same time (e.g, both 9 a.m.) or you may be charged for a whole extra day;
- Keep more dollars in your pocket. You'll get some of the best deals when you prepay your rental vehicle;
- Don't let the deal you've been looking for slip through your fingers. Book now and zoom off with your ideal set of wheels.
What kind of rental car should I get for Invercargill?
Having your own ride in Invercargill will give you more flexibility to squeeze in as many attractions as you can. Maybe you can't wait to leave the big city behind, hit the highway, and go where the wind blows. If that's the case, grab one of our SUVs and explore the beautiful shingle seashores in the surrounding area. If you're all about city life, opt for something small. Getting around those busy streets will be a whole lot easier with a compact or mini car.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Invercargill?
Sometimes the journey is more significant than the destination, which makes your car choice particularly important. If you're planning an epic road trip around Invercargill, a roomy SUV could be a good choice. If you'd like the cheapest possible price and plan on doing a lot of city driving, a budget compact is a smart pick. All you need to do is decide what's going to be the best fit, throw your bags in the back seat, and hit the highway.