Car rentals in Hanau: All you need to know
A Hanau car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You can check out all the sights, and even find out what else the rest of the area has to offer. CarRentals.com has answered your most popular questions about renting a car in Hanau. Read on to discover which vehicle is perfect for your trip, and how to get the best rates.
Where can I find a bargain car rental in Hanau?
We always try to get you the best price. But, there are ways to get an even lower price on your next booking. You can:
- Compare the rates for a few suppliers on the type of car you want
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Check the fuel and mileage policies. You don't want to be surprised with any additional costs
- Don't get more car than you'll need. Commonly, the smaller the class the cheaper the rate
Even a little rental car know-how can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental companies have outlets in Hanau?
We have around a half-dozen car rental providers to pick from in Hanau. You'll find some of the best suppliers, like Budget. Look through the online reviews to get an idea of which is best for you.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Hanau?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this town means you're bound to find a vehicle that suits your needs. Some options include:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in Hanau?
Typically, to rent a car in Hanau you must be at least 21—the same as it is across most of the country. If you are under 25, you might also need to pay a surcharge. Be sure to read over the terms to find what the exact rate is before you book your rental.
Will I need insurance to get a car rental in Hanau?
When driving around Hanau or the rest of Germany, you will need insurance. Almost every supplier requires that you show proof of insurance before you rent a car. Almost all countries require the driver to have insurance. You may be able to purchase temporary coverage with the rental supplier.
Although many of the major card issuers, like Visa or American Express, give some insurance, there are usually restrictions. For instance, you may not be covered if you get a larger or luxury vehicle. Check the rental car company's policy before you decide.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Here is a list of the typical policies.
What type of fuel policy should I choose?
Many rental car suppliers offer a range of fuel policies. However, full-to-full is our stand-out choice. You simply bring the car back with the same amount of fuel you got it with. Just be sure you make time to shop for the cheapest gas prices.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Hanau?
If you plan to check out all that Hanau offers, you are going to want unlimited miles. You can drive as far as you'd like without worrying about additional charges. Review the fine print to make sure your mileage is truly "unlimited."
Before you leave the lot
Make sure you check out a few things prior to leaving the car rental lot on your Hanau adventure. You should:
- Check out the vehicle and make certain there is no dents or scrapes. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the radio or entertainment features. You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Hanau rental car today
Use CarRentals.com to get the best wheels Hanau has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be cruising between the highly-rated restaurants, renowned landmarks, and all the fantastic sites in Hanau.