Car rentals in Fuerteventura: All you need to know
A Fuerteventura car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You can explore all the sights, and even find out what else the rest of the area has to offer. We've gathered your most frequently asked questions about car rentals in Fuerteventura. Keep reading to see how to get the best rates on your ideal vehicle.
Where do I find a great deal on a rental car in Fuerteventura?
You are on your way to getting the best price on your car rental when you use CarRentals.com. However, there are ways to get an even cheaper price on your next rental. You can:
- Compare weekly and daily rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You'll usually get the car of your choice and save more
- Learn about any cost for mileage limits, fuel policy, and additional drivers. This way you will know the true cost before you rent
- Determine the vehicle you'll need for your drive. Don't rent more car than you need
These tips can help you save even more on your next car rental in Fuerteventura.
What rental companies have outlets in Fuerteventura?
There are around a half-dozen car rental companies to pick from in Fuerteventura. You'll find some of the best companies, like Hertz. Read through the reviews to help you figure out which one is best for you.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Fuerteventura?
That all depends on your needs and what you'll be doing when you visit Fuerteventura. If you're having trouble deciding, make sure to go over the table below. We have compared the most popular categories for you:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in Fuerteventura?
Usually, to rent a car in Fuerteventura you must be at least 21—the same as it is across the rest of the country. However, you might need to pay a surcharge if you're under 25. Be sure to read the supplier's terms to determine what the total will be before you rent your car.
Does Fuerteventura require rental car insurance?
When cruising through Fuerteventura or the rest of Spain, you will need insurance. Many suppliers need proof of insurance before you pick up your car. The majority of countries require the driver to have insurance. You may be able to pay for temporary insurance through the rental agency.
The major credit cards (Discover, American Express, Visa, and MasterCard) will generally cover your car rental. But many of them have restrictions, like not covering larger vehicles like trucks or SUVs. Make sure to call and find out what kind of coverage is offered before you travel to Fuerteventura.
What are the different fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Here is a list of the typical policies.
What type of fuel policy should I choose?
Many suppliers offer a variety of fuel policies. However, the stand-out choice is usually full-to-full. You simply bring the car back with the same amount of fuel you got it with.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Fuerteventura?
Unlimited mileage is a good choice for anyone who don't want to worry about how many miles they are driving. Just make sure that your policy really provides unlimited miles. Check the fine print before you book.
Before you leave the lot
Be sure you check a few items prior to leaving the car rental lot. It's important to:
- Look over your vehicle and determine if there is any dents or scrapes. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Check the trunk to determine if the spare is inflated and the necessary tools to change it are there
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and wipers
- Figure out how to work the radio or entertainment features. It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are driving around a new city
Book your Fuerteventura rental car today
Maybe you're carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center, maybe you're traveling solo, or maybe you're bringing your partner or kids. CarRentals.com has the ideal vehicle that can fit your needs and not break your wallet.