Where is Finland?
Driving in an unfamiliar country is daunting for some travelers, but there's no need to worry. Get your head around the following facts and you'll be guiding your rental car along the roads and highways of Finland before you know it. Situated on the continent of Europe, Finland has lots to offer every sort of traveler. No trip here could be considered complete without stopping off at the country's capital, Helsinki.
What are the major attractions in Finland?
You might find it tricky scoring a parking space right in front of these iconic attractions, but trust us — they're definitely worth a little walk. The greatest thing about a trip to Finland is ticking these off your bucket list:
- Tampere Art Museum (0.6 miles from the center of Tampere, Tampere)
- Sarkanniemi (1 mile from the center of Tampere, Tampere)
- Kaleva Church (1 mile from the center of Tampere, Tampere)
What are the best road trip destinations in Finland?
Being in control of where you go and what you do is one of the greatest advantages of having your own rental car on vacation. Take the reins on your journey around Finland and revel in the freedom of discovering all its most exciting destinations at your own speed. Get to know some (or all) of this place's most renowned cities:
- Helsinki (population of 558,500)
- Tampere (population of 202,700)
- Turku (population of 175,900)
- Oulu (population of 128,600)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Finland?
We've pulled together a list of our top tips and tricks to help you keep more money in your wallet:
- A car can take you anyplace — so can the web. Compare the cheapest deals from all the top rental companies in just a couple of clicks;
- Take advantage of our Price Drop Alert and stay up to date when prices fall for your destination;
- Research is the key to bagging the hottest rental deals in town, so be sure to check out both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you splash cash on your ride;
- If you're not too fussed about which day of the week you get the keys to your car and you've got some flexibility with your vacation plans, have a browse around to see which days and dates will give you the best rates;
- If possible, try to keep your pickup and drop-off times the same. If you return your hire car at a later time than you picked it up, you may be charged a full extra day;
- If you'd love to save a pretty penny, pay in advance and score some of the best rates around;
- It's best to book as soon as your dates are locked in. The early bird gets the worm!