Where is Lapland?
Spontaneous road trips can be loads of fun, but before you rip up that map and throw away your guide book, let us fill you in on a few things about Lapland. This awesome getaway destination is located in Finland. If you're chasing some local knowledge, you shouldn't have too many issues. Just wind down your window and speak to one of the 34,800 people who reside here.
What are the best road trip destinations in Lapland?
Being in control of when and where you travel is one of the greatest advantages of having your own rental car while on vacation. Take the reins on your adventure around Lapland and relish the freedom of visiting its most popular destinations at your own speed. Explore some (or all) of this place's most outstanding cities:
- Rovaniemi (population of 34,800)
- Kemi (population of 22,600)
- Tornio (population of 21,200)
- Keminmaa (population of 9,000)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Lapland?
Here are our top tips and tricks to help you save more money:
- Our clever filter feature will soon become your new BFF. Scan the hottest discounts from all of the top rental car companies quickly and easily;
- By entering only your email address into our Price Drop Alert, you'll be notified of all of the best offers for your chosen destination;
- Research is the key to scoring the cheapest rentals deals in town, so be sure to look into both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you pay for your ride;
- If your vacation dates are not carved in stone, see if you can get a better price by modifying the days in your search;
- No one enjoys getting a late fee. Avoid the stress of having to pay for an extra day by making sure your pickup and drop-off times are similar;
- If you'd love to save a few dollars, pay in advance and enjoy some of the best rates around;
- Don't let the deal you've been looking for slip through your grasp. Book as soon as possible and zoom off with your ideal set of wheels.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Lapland?
There's plenty of choice when it comes to renting a car in Lapland. From luxury models to agile compacts, you'll find it all here. Choosing your ride depends on how much you want to spend and where you plan to go. Some road trips are just begging you to splurge on your dream ride, whereas others don't need much more than a bargain, no-frills type model. Which will it be this time?