Car rentals in Ensenada: All you need to know
An Ensenada car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You can check out all the sights, and even see what the rest of Baja California Norte has to offer. We've gathered your most popular questions about renting a car in Ensenada. Read on to find out how to get the best rates on your ideal vehicle.
Where can I find a great deal on a rental car in Ensenada?
CarRentals.com always strives to get you the best rate. But, there are ways to get an even cheaper price on your upcoming booking. You can:
- Compare daily and weekly rates from all the different suppliers
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Check the fuel and mileage policies. This way you'll avoid any surprises on your final bill
- Decide the vehicle you'll need for your vacation. Don't rent more car than you need
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save big on your Ensenada rental car.
What rental companies have agencies in Ensenada?
From budget-friendly brands like Payless and Fox to global names like National and Enterprise, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Look through the online reviews to get an idea of which one is best for your next trip.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Ensenada?
That all depends on your needs and what activities you want to do in Ensenada. If you're having a little trouble picking the right car, make sure to look over our table below. We've compared the most popular vehicle categories for you:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Ensenada?
Normally, to rent a car in Ensenada you must be at least 21. But, there might be an additional fee if you're under the age of 25 or for higher category rentals in particular. Go through the terms to determine what any additional fees will be before you reserve your rental.
Does Ensenada require rental car insurance?
Most countries require driver's insurance. You may be able to buy temporary insurance through the rental car company.Several credit card issuers (American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover) will offer coverage. But many of them have restrictions, like not covering large vehicles like trucks or SUVs. It is best to find out exactly what your credit card will cover and how much before you head to Ensenada.
What is the difference between all the fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Below is a list of the most common ones.
You will need to find an open gas station near your rental car supplier
What type of fuel policy should I choose?
We usually advise that you opt for the full-to-full policy. This policy simply means you bring your rental back to the full, and you're all set.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Ensenada?
If you want to check out all that Ensenada offers, you're going to want unlimited miles. You can drive as far as you'd like without worrying about additional fees. Go over the fine print to make certain your mileage is truly "unlimited."
Know before you go
Make sure you go over a few things prior to leaving the car rental lot. You should:
- Inspect your vehicle and determine if there is any dents or scrapes. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Check the trunk to see if the spare is properly inflated and both the lug wrench and jack are there
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Get comfortable working the navigation and entertainment. You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Ensenada rental car today
Use CarRentals.com to get the best wheels Ensenada has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be going between the highly-rated restaurants, world-famous landmarks, and all the marvelous sites in Ensenada.