Car rentals in Doha: All you need to know
You want a great automobile to take you around Doha whether you're going for a business or pleasure. Check out the top sites around town and pull up in front of the best restaurants in Doha. We've collected your most popular questions about car rentals in Doha. Find out the dos and don'ts of renting a car.
How can I find a bargain car rental in Doha?
CarRentals.com makes it easy to book the best rates. Simply type in your travel dates and scroll down the list of car rental companies, choose the top rental locations, and find the most wallet-friendly offers in Doha. You can also:
- Check the mileage policy to avoid any surprise expenses
- Book your rental car as far ahead of time as possible
- Avoid airport pick-ups and drop-offs if possible; they tend to be more expensive
- Compare weekly and daily rates; you might save more if you rent the car for longer
Just following even a few of these tips can help you save big on your Doha rental car.
What rental companies have agencies in Doha?
There are around 13 rental car providers in the Doha area. You'll find well-known companies like Enterprise and Hertz and wallet-friendly suppliers like Payless and Fox. Read through the online reviews to help you figure out which is best for your next trip.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Doha?
That depends on how many people you are traveling with and what activities you want to do in Doha. If you're having a bit of trouble choosing, be sure to look over our table below. We have compared the most popular categories for you:
What age do you have to be to rent a car in Doha?
Usually, to rent a car in Doha you must be at least 21. Please note, you may find that there is an additional charge if you're under 25 or for higher category vehicles. Go over the supplier's terms to find what the exact rate is before you book your rental.
Is insurance required to rent a car in Doha?
Almost all countries require the driver to have insurance. You may be able to purchase temporary coverage with the rental car supplier.Many credit cards (Discover, American Express, Visa, and MasterCard) will offer coverage. However, many of them have restrictions, such as not covering larger vehicles such as premium models or some SUVs. Make sure to find out exactly what your credit card will cover and how much before you head to Doha.
Are there different fuel policies?
Most suppliers give you a choice of fuel policies. Here is a list of the typical policies.
What fuel policy should I get?
Many suppliers offer a variety of fuel policies. However, full-to-full is our stand-out choice. It simply means returning the car with the same level of gas as you got it with, so you'll never pay for anyone else's road trips through the Doha.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Doha?
Unlimited mileage is a good option for travelers who don't want to worry about how many miles they are driving. Just make sure that your policy really provides unlimited miles. Check the fine print before you book.
Know before you go
Before you begin on your Doha trip, check a few things prior to leaving the car rental lot. It's worth the time to:
- Walk around the car and determine if there is any dents or scrapes. Be sure to make note of it on the paperwork, or you may get charged for it
- Check the trunk to determine if the spare is inflated and both the lug wrench and jack are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Get comfortable working the navigation and entertainment. You don't want any unneeded distractions in a new city
Book your Doha rental car today
Use CarRentals.com to get yourself the best wheels Doha has to offer. Before you know it, you'll be driving between the great restaurants, renowned landmarks, and all the must-see sites in Doha.