What are the major attractions in Civitavecchia?
If your trip to Civitavecchia is all locked in but your travel itinerary is looking a little empty, let us give you a few hints and tips.
Plan a stop at Port of Civitavecchia. It's one attraction you'll find on many visitors' to-do lists. If you still have some space on your schedule, Forte Michelangelo and Taurine Baths will keep you on the go, as well.
What are the best road trip destinations near Civitavecchia?
Explore Civitavecchia for its distinct style and character. That being said, you've also got iconic attractions just a day trip away! Roman Forum is well worth a visit. It's located in Rome, 37 miles away.
Where are the best beaches near Civitavecchia?
Nothing screams vacation like hopping in the car and driving to the seaside. Civitavecchia has some gorgeous beaches close by, so bring along your favorite book (and a kite if it's windy) and set off to one of these beautiful options:
- La Scogliera (9 miles away).
- Stabilimento Balneare Bartolini (9 miles away).
- Il Marinaio (10 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Civitavecchia?
Avoid paying through the nose for a rental car by following our top tips and tricks:
- Use our convenient filter tool to steer you in the direction of the hottest car deals in town — and then compare the prices;
- By entering only your email address into our Price Drop Alert, you'll stay on top of all the best bargains for your desired destination;
- Research is the key to scoring the best rental bargains in town, so be sure to take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you shell out for your ride;
- If your dates are not etched in stone, try scoring a lower price by changing the days of the week in your search;
- Nobody likes being hit with a late fee. Avoid paying for another full day by making sure your pickup and drop-off times are similar;
- Some places reward you for prepaying — keep your eyes open for these kinds of deals;
- Make your booking as soon as your vacation dates are set. The earlier you book, the bigger the choice.
What kind of rental car should I get for Civitavecchia?
Civitavecchia has so much to offer. You could chill out for a week or more here and still not see it all. If you'd like to soak up as much as you can in this buzzing metropolis, a rental car is a must. Bear in mind that driving around big cities usually comes with tight streets and limited parking spaces. But don't stress — a small, economical car will make this much easier to navigate. If you're in the mood to leave the city behind and check out some of the extinct volcanos that Civitavecchia is well known for, you'll want a rental car with more room to move. A mid-size or full-size SUV are perfect for scenic road trips.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Civitavecchia?
For some, owning a luxury vehicle is the stuff that dreams are made of. But renting the car of your dreams is far easier than you think! Imagine the joy of rolling into town in a snazzy sports car, even if it's only for a few days. Or maybe all you're looking for is a reliable set of wheels to get you quickly and safely from A to B. Extravagant or economical? Whatever you decide, there's a rental car to suit your style in Civitavecchia.