What are the major attractions in Christchurch?
If your trip to Christchurch is all locked in but your itinerary is looking a bit empty, we can give you a helping hand.
Take in the best of what this place has to offer by adding Canterbury Museum and Mona Vale to your must-see list. If you've got some extra time, take a look at Riccarton House and New Brighton Beach as well.
Plan a stop at Cathedral Square. It's one attraction you'll usually find on travelers' must-do lists. Chalice and Christchurch I-SITE are also not far away and worth a pit stop.
What are the best road trip destinations near Christchurch?
You'll want to check out nearby Akaroa. What's 28 miles when you've got a set of wheels? The road trip there is half the fun! Explore the area beginning with St Patrick's Catholic Church, Giant's House and Linton The Giant House. Don't miss Waipara either! Just 34 miles away, Torlesse Wines, Weka Pass Railway and Waipara Springs Winery are essential stops here.
Where are the best beaches near Christchurch?
No matter whether it's sunny or rainy, you'll be able to visit the lovely beaches near Christchurch from behind the wheel of your rental car. As you draw near to the ocean, keep an eye out for seabirds flying over these glorious stretches of coastline:
- New Brighton Beach (5 miles away).
- Sumner Beach (6 miles away).
- Spencer Park (8 miles away).
Where are the best convention centers near Christchurch?
Networking and chatting with lots of new people can be exhausting. So if you're traveling to Christchurch for a work trip, you'll be pleased to learn that there are some terrific places to rest and relax near these popular convention centers:
- Lincoln Event Centre (11 miles away).
- Larcomb Vineyard (11 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Christchurch?
Here's a round-up of our top tips if you're looking to score the best price on a rental car:
- A car can take you anyplace — so can the web. Compare the cheapest deals from all the top rental companies in a couple of clicks;
- Take advantage of our Price Drop Alert email and be in the know when prices become cheaper for your desired location;
- Peruse the bargains at all rental locations, including the airport terminal and surrounding area. A brief cab ride to a neighboring rental car center might score you big savings;
- If you're flexible with your schedule, alter your dates to find better prices on different days of the week;
- Pickup and drop-off times usually need to be around the same time (e.g, both 9 a.m.) or you might be required to pay for a whole extra day;
- If you'd love to save a few dollars, pay as soon as you book and score some of the best rates around;
- Last but not least, lock in your preferred vehicle as soon as possible to score a load of savings!
What kind of rental car should I get for Christchurch?
Having your own car in Christchurch will give you more freedom to go wherever you like. Maybe you're in the mood to head out of town, hit the country roads, and see where the wind takes you. If so, book one of our mid-size or full-size SUVs and discover the rolling hills in the surrounding area. If you just want to experience city life, something small is a good idea. Zipping around heavy traffic and busy streets will be a lot less stressful with a mini or compact car.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Christchurch?
Sometimes it's all about the journey, which makes your car choice important. If you're planning an amazing road trip around Christchurch, a robust and stylish SUV could be the best solution. If you'd like the cheapest price possible and plan on staying mostly in the city, a versatile compact is a smart pick. All you need to do is work out what's the best fit, throw your bags in the back seat, and hit the wide, open road.