What are the major attractions in Cambridge?
If your trip to Cambridge is all sorted out but your itinerary is a bit on the empty side, let us give you a helping hand.
You'll need to roll out of bed early if you're hoping to see all the great sights that this place has to offer. Church of St Mary the Great and King's College are non-negotiable. Sedgwick Museum of Earth Sciences and St Catharine's College can't be missed either.
Not far from the city center, Cambridge Corn Exchange is one attraction to consider adding to your must-see list. Cambridge Arts Theatre and St Edward's Church (Church of England) are also close by and worth a detour.
What are the best road trip destinations near Cambridge?
If you're on the hunt for things to see and do around Cambridge, you certainly aren't going to be let down! Huntingdon, just 16 miles away, is home to some terrific attractions that'll keep you occupied. Looking for an excuse to go check it out? The Cromwell Museum and Island Hall ought to work nicely. If you need any more persuading, also think about The Manor at Hemingford Grey.
Where are the best convention centers near Cambridge?
If you're eager to get out and mingle with new people, joining an event at St John's Innovation Centre is a terrific idea. You'll find it 2 miles from Cambridge, so have a browse through the schedule and see if something grabs your attention.
How can I get a cheap car rental in Cambridge?
We've put together a list of our top tips and tricks to help you keep more money in your wallet:
- A car can take you wherever you want to go — so can the web. Compare the best deals from all the top rental companies in a couple of clicks;
- Take advantage of our Price Drop Alert and immediately find out when prices fall for your desired location;
- Check the bargains at all rental locations in town, including the airport terminal and surrounding area. A short cab trip to a neighboring car rental office may mean some impressive savings;
- If you have room to move in your schedule, modify your dates to find cheaper prices on different days of the week;
- Pickup and drop-off times often need to be around the same time (e.g, both 11 a.m.) or you might be charged for an extra day unnecessarily;
- Keep more hard-earned dollars in your wallet. You'll get some of the cheapest deals when you prepay your rental;
- Last of all, secure your favorite vehicle as soon as you can to bag a ton of savings!
What kind of rental car should I get for Cambridge?
Cambridge has so much to offer. You could chill out for a while in this place and not run out of things to see. If you'd like to take in as much as you can in this dynamic metropolis, a rental car is a must. Keep in mind that city driving generally comes with tight streets and sparse parking spaces. But don't worry — a mini or compact car can make this a lot less daunting. If you're eager to skip town and check out the forests that Cambridge is known for, you'll want a rental car with more power and room to move. A mid-size or full-size SUV will make that scenic road trip even more fun.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Cambridge?
For some, owning a high-end vehicle is little more than a pipe dream. But renting the car of your dreams is easier than you think! Imagine cruising the open roads in a high-end convertible, even if it's just for a short while. Or maybe you're just after a set of wheels to get you quickly and safely from point A to point B. Flashy or affordable? Whatever you decide, there's a rental car to suit your style in Cambridge.