What are the major attractions in Bury St Edmunds?
If your trip to Bury St Edmunds is all organized but your itinerary is a bit on the empty side, let us give you a few hints and tips.
Close to the city center, The Abbey Gate is one attraction you might like to consider putting on your to-do list. If you still have room on that itinerary, Bury St Edmunds Art Gallery and Moyse's Hall Museum will keep you busy, too.
What are the best road trip destinations near Bury St Edmunds?
If you find yourself with a bit of extra time and you're willing to travel 22 miles, check out Ipswich. This happening destination has lots of things to keep you entertained. Among your first stops here should be Rushmere Golf Club, Blakenham Woodland Garden and Fynn Valley Golf Club. Don't skip Lowestoft either! Just 47 miles away, Dip Farm Pitch and Putt, Carlton Marshes Nature Reserve and Orton Farmers' Market are non-negotiable stops here.
Where are the best convention centers near Bury St Edmunds?
Networking and socializing with lots of new people can be draining. So if you're in Bury St Edmunds on a business trip, you'll be pleased to hear that there are some great places to relax and unwind near these convention centers:
- The Athenaeum (0.1 miles away).
- The Apex (0.2 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Bury St Edmunds?
Here are some of our top recommendations if you're looking to grab the cheapest possible rental car:
- A car can take you wherever you want — so can the web. Compare the best deals from the top companies in town in just a few clicks;
- By entering only your email address into our Price Drop Alert, you'll stay up to date with all of the best deals for your selected location;
- Browse the offers at all rental locations in town, including the airport and its vicinity. A short cab trip to a nearby rental car office may mean big savings;
- If your pickup and drop-off dates are not etched in stone, try scoring a better price by changing the days of the week in your search;
- So you don't end up paying a late fee or an extra day, try to keep your pickup and drop-off times as similar as possible;
- Oftentimes companies reward you for prepaying — keep a lookout for these penny-pinching offers;
- The early bird catches the biggest worm, along with the best deals! Book now to grab some impressive savings.
What kind of rental car should I get for Bury St Edmunds?
Sure, you can get around Bury St Edmunds without a rental vehicle. But with so much to see and experience here, having one would make your stay more comfortable. If you'd like to get out of town and into some nature, opt for a car with some power. A mid-size or full-size SUV will get you to the surrounding forests in comfort. Going to spend the majority of your vacation downtown? An economical, small car is the way to go. Driving through narrow lanes and squeezing into tight parking lots will be less hassle in one of these.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Bury St Edmunds?
For some people, owning a prestige vehicle is little more than a pipe dream. But renting your dream car is certainly within your grasp! Imagine the joy of rolling into town in a fancy convertible, even if it's only for a day or two. Or maybe all you want is a set of wheels to get you from A to B. Extravagant or economical? Either way, there's a rental car to suit your style in Bury St Edmunds.