What are the major attractions in Bilbao?
If your trip to Bilbao is all locked in but your itinerary is a little on the empty side, let us give you a few hints and tips.
Think of Bilbao and then say the first thing that comes into your head. Bet you said "Guggenheim Museum Bilbao," right? Being such a famous attraction, you simply can't miss it. Toss your gear into the car and check it off your bucket list.
You'll have to rise and shine if you're hoping to see all the interesting sights this place has to offer. Santiago Cathedral and Zubizuri Bridge are non-negotiable. Plaza Moyua and Bilbao Fine Arts Museum can't be missed either.
Close to the city center, Church of the Sacred Heart is one spot to consider putting on your must-see list. Parroquia de San Vicente Martir de Abando and Arriaga Theater are also close by and worth checking out.
What are the best road trip destinations near Bilbao?
Make sure the gas tank is full, because there are a few good reasons to explore beyond Bilbao. They include Monte Urgull in San Sebastian — a tempting road-trip destination just 47 miles away. Need another good reason to head there? Concha Beach is also within close reach.
Where are the best beaches near Bilbao?
There's nothing nicer than rolling down the car window and feeling the cool, salty air on your skin while you're driving beside the sea. Bring along some yummy food and spend a few hours checking out one of the stunning beaches near Bilbao. Popular options include:
- Sopelana Beach (9 miles away).
- Playa del Lastrón (11 miles away).
- Bakioko Aritza (12 miles away).
Where are the best convention centers near Bilbao?
If you're attending a work conference in Bilbao, you may want to follow up with your new connections over some food and coffee. Fortunately, these convention centers offer some awesome cafés and restaurants close by:
- Euskalduna Conference Centre and Concert Hall (1 mile away).
- Bilbao Exhibition Centre (4 miles away).
How can I get a cheap car rental in Bilbao?
Here are our suggestions on how to hop behind the wheel of a rental car with some savings in your wallet:
- Use our amazing filter tool to help steer you toward the cheapest car rental rates around — and then compare the prices;
- Keep an eye on your inbox for our fantastic Price Drop Alert. We'll give you inside info on all the amazing bargains cruising around your location;
- Research is the key to bagging the best rental bargains in town, so be sure to take a look at both airport and non-airport pickup and drop-off outlets before you lock in your ride;
- If your pickup and drop-off dates are not carved in stone, see if you can get a lower price by changing the days of the week in your search;
- To avoid paying a late fee or an extra day, try to keep your pickup and drop-off times the same;
- Sometimes companies reward you for prepaying — keep your eyes open for these money-saving offers;
- It's best to secure your booking as soon as your vacation dates are locked in. The early bird catches the worm!
What kind of rental car should I get for Bilbao?
A memorable road trip starts with a good quality car. And if you intend to see the highlights of Bilbao, like Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, you'll need a set of wheels that fits all your needs. Meet the compact or economy car. These small vehicles will help you navigate this energetic city's tangle of streets, traffic and pedestrians. If you're traveling with a group of friends, go bigger. Cruise in comfort and have plenty of trunk space with a full-size SUV. These vehicles can tackle any terrain, making them ideal if you plan to get out and explore the mountains around the region.
Should I get a luxury rental car in Bilbao?
For some, owning a luxury vehicle is the stuff that dreams are made of. But renting your dream ride is as easy as a few clicks! Imagine the feeling of rolling into town in a snazzy sports car, even if it's only for a short while. Or maybe all you're looking for is a trusty set of wheels to get you from point A to point B. Flashy or affordable? Whatever you're looking for, there's a rental car to suit your style in Bilbao.