Car rentals in Belize City: All you need to know
A Belize City car rental gives you the opportunity to go where you want, when you want. You'll be able to check out all the sights, and even see what else the rest of the area has to offer. CarRentals.com has collected your most popular questions about renting a car in Belize City. Find out the dos and don'ts of car rentals.
How can I find a great deal on a car rental in Belize City?
You're well on your way to finding the best deal on your car rental with us. But, you can do a few things to keep your upcoming booking affordable. You can:
- Read through the mileage policy to steer clear of any surprise expenses
- Reserve your rental as far in advance as possible
- Avoid airport pick-ups; they tend to be pricier
- Compare weekly and daily rates; you may save more if you rent the car for longer
These tips can help you save even more on your next car rental in Belize City.
What rental companies have agencies in Belize City?
In Belize City, we have a few rental suppliers to decide from, like Hertz. Read through the online reviews to help you figure out which is best for you.
What type of rental car should I get for my trip to Belize City?
Whether you want a roomy family vehicle or a low-cost economy car, the sheer wealth of options in this town means you're bound to find an automobile that is perfect for you. Some options include:
What's the age requirement to rent a car in Belize City?
Normally, the age limit for renting a car in Belize City is 21. Please note, there might be an added fee if you're under the age of 25 or for higher category vehicles. Read through the terms to discover what any additional charges is before you book your rental.
Is insurance required to rent a car in Belize City?
Almost all countries require the driver to have insurance. You might be able to buy additional insurance through rental car supplier, if you know your insurance won't cover your rental.Although many of the major card issuers, like MasterCard or Discover, provide some coverage, there are usually restrictions. For instance, they may not cover your rental car if you get a luxury or larger vehicle. Check the policy before you decide.
What is the difference between all the fuel policies?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Here is a list of the typical policies.
What fuel policy do you recommend?
We usually advise that customers opt for the full-to-full policy. This policy is the most straightforward, and you simply top off the tank before you bring it back.
Is it worth getting unlimited miles?
Unlimited mileage is a good choice for anyone who don't want to worry about how many miles they are driving. You will just need to make sure there's nothing else in the small print that could add in extra costs.
Know before you go
Before you get started on your Belize City trip, check out a few items before you leave the rental lot. You should:
- Walk around your car and determine if there is any damage or scratches. If you notice any, write it down on your paperwork
- Make you have a properly inflated spare tire, lug wrench, and jack in the trunk
- Familiarize yourself with the car. Adjust the mirrors and seats to your liking, and figure out how to turn on the lights and wipers
- Get comfortable operating the entertainment and GPS (if available). It's best to limit any unnecessary distractions when you are driving around a new city
Book your Belize City rental car today
Maybe you're traveling with your partner and kids, or carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center. Maybe you're traveling solo. CarRentals.com has the ideal car rental that can fit your requirements and not break your wallet.