Where is Belize?
Driving in a new and unfamiliar country is a daunting thought for some travelers, but you don't have to stress. Read up on the following facts and you'll be guiding your rental car down the highways of Belize before you know it. You'll discover Belize on the continent of Mexico and Central America. Zoom deeper into the map and the capital, Belmopan, will appear. If you're looking to find out how this country is run, a visit here is a no-brainer.
What are the major attractions in Belize?
If you're preparing to take to the road in Belize and pondering what to put on your must-do list, listen up. We've got some tips and hints on places you just can't drive past. Buckle up and get ready to explore Caracol. This landmark attracts many adventurers just like you each year and is 22 miles from the notable city of Cayo District, Belize. You will also want to make a stop at Altun Ha, which is 2 miles from Lucky Strike, Belize District.
What are the best road trip destinations in Belize?
Being in control of where you go and what you do is one of the greatest advantages of having your own rental car while on vacation. Take charge of your journey around Belize and delight in the freedom of discovering all its biggest and best destinations at your own pace. Try to visit as many of this place's top destinations as possible:
- Belize City (population of 61,500)
- San Ignacio (population of 16,800)
- Orange Walk (population of 15,300)
- Belmopan (population of 13,400)
How can I get a cheap car rental in Belize?
Here's a rundown of our top recommendations if you're looking to score the biggest discounts on a rental car:
- Use our handy filter feature to help point you towards the hottest car deals in town — then compare the prices;
- Set up an email Price Drop Alert for your next exciting vacation destination. You never know what terrific deals will drive straight into your inbox;
- Look at the deals at all rental locations around town, being sure to include both the airport terminal and its vicinity. A quick cab drive to a neighboring car rental office may mean significant savings;
- If your pickup and drop-off dates are not set in stone, see if you can get a better price by choosing different days in your search;
- If possible, try to keep the time of your pickup and drop-off the same. If you return your car at a later time than you picked it up, you might be charged an entire extra day;
- Oftentimes companies reward you big time for prepaying — watch out for these penny-pinching offers;
- And finally, secure your favorite vehicle as soon as you can to bag a ton of savings!