Car rentals in Alice Springs: All you need to know
You want a great car to get around Alice Springs whether you're traveling for a business or pleasure. Check out the famous sites around town and park in front of the best restaurants in Alice Springs. We've collected the most popular questions about car rentals in Alice Springs. Keep reading to see how to get the best rates on your ideal vehicle.
Where do I get a bargain car rental in Alice Springs?
CarRentals.com makes it easy to book budget-friendly deals. Just type in your travel dates and go down the variety of rental car companies, pick the top rental locations, and find the best packages Alice Springs has to offer. You should also:
- Compare all the deals available
- Book as far in advance as possible. You will usually save more and get the car of your choice
- Be aware of any cost for mileage limits, fuel policy, and additional drivers. That way you can make sure you know the true cost before you rent
- Don't get more vehicle than you need. Typically, the smaller the car, the cheaper the rate
Even a little knowledge can go a long way to getting you the most savings.
What rental suppliers have agencies in Alice Springs?
From budget-friendly brands like Economy and Budget to global names like Hertz and Sixt, CarRentals.com has some of the best brands in the business. Look through the reviews to help you figure out which one is best for you.
What types and makes of rental cars are on offer in Alice Springs?
That depends on how many people you are traveling with and what activities you want to do in Alice Springs. If you're having trouble deciding, make sure to go over our chart below. We have compared the most popular categories for you:
How old do you have to be to rent a car in Alice Springs?
Normally, to rent a car in Alice Springs you must be at least 21—the same as it is across the rest of the country. Additionally, many suppliers charge an extra fee if you are under 25. Be sure to go through the rental agreement to figure out any additional fees is before you rent your vehicle.
Will I need insurance to get a car rental in Alice Springs?
Most countries require driver's insurance. You may be able to buy additional insurance through rental car company, if you think your insurance won't cover you while traveling through AUS.Although many major card issuers, like Visa and MasterCard, provide some coverage, there may be restrictions. For example, they may not cover your rental car if you reserve a luxury or larger vehicle. Check the policy before you decide.
What is the fuel policy for Alice Springs rental cars?
Most suppliers allow you to choose which policy you want. Here is a list of the typical policies.
What fuel policy do you recommend?
Most suppliers provide you a full tank policy. We encourage bringing your car back filled up. If you want to save some money, fill up your tank before returning the car rental.
Should I get unlimited miles when I rent a car in Alice Springs?
If you want to check out all that Alice Springs offers, you are going to want unlimited miles. You won't have to worry about extra charges if you decide to drive all over Alice Springs. Review the fine print to make sure they are truly "unlimited."
Before you leave the lot
Make sure you go over a few items prior to leaving the rental lot on your Alice Springs adventure. It's worth the time to:
- Inspect the car and determine if there is any dents or scrapes. If so, mark it down on your paperwork
- Inspect the trunk to see if the spare is properly inflated and both the lug wrench and jack are there
- Get familiar with the controls of your car. Adjust the mirrors and seats, and note how to turn on the lights and windshield wipers
- Figure out how to work the radio or entertainment features. It's best to limit any unneeded distractions when you are navigating a new city
Book your Alice Springs car rental today
Maybe you're traveling with your partner and kids, or carpooling with co-workers to and from the hotel to the conference center. Maybe you're traveling solo. CarRentals.com has the ideal car rental that can suit your requirements and not break the bank.